Wednesday, August 27, 2014

THIS AND THAT


Most of the trees in the complex are still green, but one is really ready for Fall.


We are finding new places to check out and one is the West Covina Plaza where our granddaughter, Monique is the assistant manager of the "Red Robin" cafĂ©.  We had lunch there and right across the way was Anna's Linens.  I've been looking for cushions for the wicker chairs (cute but not comfortable).  They had them on sale and in green.  Eating in comfort is better.


Was really in the mood for pulled pork sandwiches and cold slaw, so a small pork roast is cooking in the crock pot!  House already smells good.

There is a huge yellow and black butterfly that keeps teasing me.  He flies right in front of my chair on the balcony, and when I get the camera...he smiles and flies off.   I will catch a picture of him one of these days!!

16 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are settling in. Your kitchen looks so cheery.
    Ah, the elusive butterfly! I have hummingbirds like that.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, I'm thinking when my Martha Washington blooms in the tea kettle, the flowers are bright pink...maybe that butterfly will stop long enough to smell the flower, and I'll get him!! Counting the days. When you get a chance email me the details of your flights.

      Delete
  2. Red Robin is one of our Sunday haunts. Always good.
    Love your leaves in the dish and the new cushions. Such pretties you always display.
    Ummmm, pulled pork sandwiches and cole slaw. What a winning combo.
    Went on our Wednesdate this morning and had a little bit of this and a little bit of that...its always a nice break in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we still lived in Sunland, we had lunch at the Country Club, and they served the pulled pork sandwich with the cold slaw. It was SOOOOO good. They actually put the cold slaw on the sandwich. Messy, but delicious.
      I love that you have your Wednesdate.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's fun putting together "This and That's" Glad you enjoyed mine.

      Delete
  4. You must smell like a beautiful flower, Wanda,...maybe it's you that's teasing the butterfly and not the other way around! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that roast looks good! Sometimes it is our fragrance that attracts certain butterflies. Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll put on my most expensive perfume and see it that does the trick. HaHa.

      Delete
  6. Mmm... your meal sounded delicious! If I live nearby I'd be tempted to come over for a bite :)

    Hugs to you, dear Wanda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it did turn out good. A picture of the final sandwich is up and coming.

      Delete
  7. I know what you men about the butterflies!
    Keep your camera handy...that way you are always ready!
    That pork looks delish!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so ready for fall!!! I LOVE your beautiful header! Love your art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your leaf display on the sweet birdie plate. Hope you "catch" your butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)