Monday, August 25, 2014

THE PIE CHALLENGE


Martha's "Pie Challenge" was almost a complete disaster.  I really didn't have any ingredients on hand for a pie, but this is a busy week, so wanted to do something.  I remembered I had some coconut in the freezer and decided to make a coconut pie.  Made the pie crust, and baked it.  While it cooled I mixed up the ingredients for the filling.  In the middle of the process the phone rang and it was the pharmacy asking me some questions about my medication.  Answered the questions, went back to my pie filling, poured it in the crust and stuck it in the oven.  The challenge was to make a pie and post a picture of it.

After a couple minutes I opened the microwave to heat up my coffee and there was my 1/2 cup melted butter for the pie!  Oops. The pie is in the oven!!  I quickly took it out of the oven and poured in the melted butter, tried to mix it in without splashing it all over.  Yikes, and this is a pie for a challenge.  Yep, that was my challenge.

But to my surprise, when it finally baked (took the middle forever) it looked like a pie, and it tasted like a pie, so that my story and I'm sticking to it!!

You have to make mini cinnamon rolls with leftover pie crust dough....Right???

20 comments:

  1. oh gosh I think we all have made boo boo's like this, don't feel bad, yep, have to make something with the left over pastry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That hasn't happened to me in a long time. Darn that pharmacy calling me in the middle of a pie!!

      Delete
  2. It looks good to ME! May I have a piece, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda. If you like coconut...you'd like this pie...chucked full of coconut!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing wonderful information, it is really nice information.
    kitchen-ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even your mistakes look perfect to me. Yummy pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a true friend. It did taste good. Not my favorite pie in the world. But it's all I had available!!!

      Delete
  5. Wanda, If it looks like pie , taste like pie....it must be pie. I would have no challenge eating pie, but I am not sure I could make one any more. Coconut used to be my all time favorite. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my story....A coconut cream would have been better, but I was in a hurry.

      Delete
  6. Your story made me laugh (I needed that this morning) and your pie is beautiful! You really are a good sport. Thanks for playing along.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could give you a chuckle this morning. Not bad for breakfast either.

      Delete
  7. Looks good to me, dear Wanda :) And you know what, I have coconut that needs used up...maybe I will make a pie today.

    love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sorry to say, that coconut had been in my freezer WAY to long. But it's gone now.

      Delete
  8. Oh! Sounds like quite a baking adventure. It just shows though that things can be very forgiving even if you don't get them quite right in the first place! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like a good baking adventure that at least tastes good. HaHa.

      Delete
  9. Coconut pie! One of my very favorites. I say if it looks like pie and tastes like pie, then give me some of it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nonnie, I ate a piece in your honor tonight. Sure hope you enjoyed it!!

      Delete
    2. Yes, and I didn't see a bit of it on my hips either. Thanks.

      Delete
  10. My pie challenge would be... not eating the whole pie! :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)