Sunday, August 10, 2014

PROMOTION SUNDAY


Today was Promotion Sunday and the kids were excited to move on to new classes and new teachers.  One of the highlights is between Sunday School and church everyone has balloons on strings.  Tied to each one is a Gospel Track and the name and address of the church with a message that says if they find the balloon and message, call the number of the church and we will send them a free Bible.


We have and a couple in the past call from many miles away.  The kids love it, and it's a great way to celebrate Promotion Sunday.

I trust you had a great Sunday....we did.

10 comments:

  1. I hope that you get lots of calls from all around, I doubt that one will make it this far, but if it did, I would let you know! I hope that everyone enjoys their new classes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea! Hope they are discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I love the video!
    Wishing you a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and fun thing for the kids to do. They're spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea with the balloons, and so fun for the kids!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had forgotten all about Promotion Sunday. Growing up it was the first Sunday in September for my church and I was always so excited to move into my new room and have a new teacher. We have done the balloons too. It's fun to see where they end up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice idea...I'd be interested to know how many Bibles your church ends up giving out!

    Cute video...everything that has to do with growing up is so exciting when you're a child!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to celebrate.
    Kids love having special days to remember.
    Hope lots of people call for the Bibles.
    We had a birthday get together for Sigrid's brother at his home. Fabulous BBQ and so many goodies to eat. Will tel more about it later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've done this on several different occasions. It's great! Looks like ya'll had a crowd.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)