Tuesday, August 19, 2014

CREATIVE TUESDAY ~ POPPIES


I have a Creative Tuesday dilemma ~ The theme is "Poppies" which I dearly love, but I wrote down that the due date was August 26, not today!!  I've been out of watercolor paper and badly need some tubes of paint and planned to make a trip to Aaron Brothers this week and have my poppy painting ready for CT.  However this morning I see all the artist have their poppies up, and I check the date..and yep!!! It's today.   So instead of a new painting ~ I will share some painting I've done in the past of poppies.   This first one is done on hot press paper and give a really different look that my normal watercolors.  Rather a velvet touch.

 
This is one of my note cards, with two simple poppies growing out behind a rock.


And last, the painting hanging on the wall behind my desk is Iris and Poppies that I painting when my mother was in her last days battling cancer in 1991.  She slept a lot, so while she slept, I painting.  This was done in her memory and I always have it hanging in my home.  I found some silk flowers that look like the painting and like the combination of the two.

Sorry I don't have a "Fresh Painting" for today, but will try to be ready for our next theme.  Thanks MMm.... I know you had me in mind with this theme, and I'm sorry to disappoint you.

To see all the other poppies entries just click on the CT badge on my side bar.

18 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing your poppies, especially the one that honors your mother. It's easy to get confused on dates...these summer days are just slipping away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Wanda your poppies are beautiful, the painting in memory of your Mum is beautiful and to find flowers the same is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wanda...
    Don't be so hard on yourself!
    Especially when the one painting is SO special♥️
    Enjoy your evening...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda, your paintings are beautiful. It really doesn't matter when you painted them. The one for your mother is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not a Velvet Elvis, it's a Velvet Poppy! haha. They are all lovely...no need to paint a new one, although I do imagine you out on your balcony with an easel and palette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanda, I love your poppy paintings. Hope you had a great day. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all such beautiful pieces Wanda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them, Wanda. They maybe be oldies but goodies. Thank you! I hope you can get your supplies soon enough. :) you know, it's highly likely I will choose another Flowers theme soon enough so maybe then you can pop in some poppies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW, do you realise your CT icon on the side bar goes to the Canada site version (".ca")? ")

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's okay, Wanda -- new or old, you still painted them and they are lovely. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I am always impressed by talent and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello sweet Wanda! Your paintings are incredibly beautiful, my friend! You are indeed gifted. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful paintings. I remember you posting about the one for your Mom - so special. I thought you might be interested in the following link. I find it beautiful and so moving.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/08/05/ceramic-poppies-tower-of-london_n_5651246.html?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wanda, I love your poppies. You have such a gentle, beautiful style. LOVE the medium blue behind the poppies in the first painting and adore your card. Michael got me a "how to" watercolor book for my birthday so maybe one day, I'll be as good as you!!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poppies are very currant because of the Centenary of W W 1

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wanda, all your paintings are so accomplished. Such a lovely way to remember your mother as well with such an exquisite painting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll jump right in there and say the same as the other comments.
    Beautiful whether old or new and the one in your Mother's memory is stunning..

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOve these Wanda! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)