Saturday, July 12, 2014

THE YARD SALE IS HISTORY

 
 
 
 
 Our friend Cliff and I worked last night to make several large signs which he put out this morning on  several street corners near the house.

 On a beautiful sunny day, and everything out on tables or hanging on racks the people began to arrive.

I didn't get very many pictures as we were too busy talking to people and bagging the merchandise.  By 11:00 AM most of the "Good Stuff" was gone.  We had a lull, and decided to do a "Fill a Bag for a Dollar" ~ So for the next hour it was a blast as people grab plastics bags and stuffed them full of all kinds of stuff and handed us a dollar.  They would come back and say can I have another bag....so in an hour we had almost everything off the tables and happy customers, and dollars in our pocket.

Another lull, it's almost noon and we're tired so we make "mystery boxes" for a couple of dollars you could get a mystery box  and that turned out to be a big hit, as they didn't know what was in the box.  It was the such a fun Yard Sale.  Our daughters, Michel and Julie helped and our friends Linda and Cliff were absolutely wonderful with Cliff helping with the signs, the tents, and taking what was left to the Thrift Store.  Linda made us sandwiches and chips and we were VERY SUCCESSFUL financially, and went over our goal.

The Book of Sunland is closed.  It was a very good book and a good ending too!

16 comments:

  1. So happy you had nice weather and lots of help from family and friends. I know you made a lot of people happy with good bargains today. God bless you as you start a new chapter in your tree house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that? Glad it was successful and so much fun! Looks very organized and welcoming, too! I would have bought stuff I know! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping for another yard sale too, maybe over at Mom's house, but I'm not sure I want to give up a beautiful sunny weekend to do it. ha ha! They can be scarce around here. But, I would like to get things cleared out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were clever sale ideas.. Saves you from having to haul things away , or store till another time. Blessings,xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!! Only YOU would have a FUN Yard Sale!!! Onward to your next 'Book!'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo - I see some things I would have bought! Great ideas to encourage fun sales. Glad the day was sunny and you made money!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great news!! Sounds wonderful, how exciting a new beginning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of the mystery boxes!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love hearing success stories like this.
    So glad you could have family and friends helping too.
    And now on to the next chapter of your lives.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! Thanks for sharing this information. I gained quite a lot of knowledge after reading your blog thank you.
    Furniture, Unique And Smart Red Nest

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad it went so well. It looks like everything was set up very nicely. You had some savvy selling ideas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Looks like you had a blow out sale! I sure wish I could have been there! I know there would have been some treasures for me! Oh Shoot! I missed it! Glad it was a success! Mr. Hubby there is great with a pen! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not sure what its like out there, but here, if you put that it will start at 7 people will show up at 6. If you put in the paper specific items, people show up a day early to try to get it, like baby cribs, or dressers. I like having yard sales more than being forced to go 'yardsaleing'

    I don't know how you could ever get anything done with those mountains in the background. I would have my old fashion lawn chair out there just staring at them. They look breathtaking. Have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Fill a Bag for a Dollar"

    Love that Wanda. Blessings to you and Don in this new season.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you had a successful sale, Wanda!
    Now it's time to move on to the next chapter in your book of life.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a totally brilliant idea, "ideaS" actually. Love it. An excellent way to rid yourselves of stuff and offer people oodles of fun too. Clever, clever. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)