Forgot to buy chocolate chips, and that's always a favorite of kids, but I remembered a recipe for "NO ROLL OUT" Sugar Cookies from Tammy (a blog friend). Since I had promised cookies to the kids at the pool I decided to make these. I added sprinkles for the kids, and rolled a few in raw sugar for us. It's such an easy recipe and turn out so good I'll share Tammy's recipe.
NO ROLL OUT SUGAR COOKIES
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Cup butter (room temperature)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
2. In mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients.
3. Shape into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls. Moisten the top of the ball with buttermilk or milk (I used half/half) This helps the sprinkles adhere to the cookie. Dip in sprinkles.
4. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until slightly brown.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
5. Have one warm with a cup of coffee!!
Thanks Tammy....they were a hit!!