Thursday, July 24, 2014

SPRINKLES FOR FUN


Forgot to buy chocolate chips, and that's always a favorite of kids, but I remembered a recipe for "NO ROLL OUT" Sugar Cookies from Tammy (a blog friend).  Since I had promised cookies to the kids at the pool I decided to make these.  I added sprinkles for the kids, and rolled a few in raw sugar for us.  It's such an easy recipe and turn out so good I'll share Tammy's recipe.

 
NO ROLL OUT SUGAR COOKIES
 
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Cup butter (room temperature)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
Sprinkles
 
1.  Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
 
2.  In mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, beat in egg and vanilla.  Gradually beat in the dry ingredients.
 
3.  Shape into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls.  Moisten the top of the ball with buttermilk or milk (I used half/half)  This helps the sprinkles adhere to the cookie.  Dip in sprinkles.
 
4.  Place on parchment lined cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until slightly brown.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
 
5.  Have one warm with a cup of coffee!!
 
Thanks Tammy....they were a hit!!

20 comments:

  1. Sounds fabulous!! You can't go wrong with a good cookie recipe! Thank you for this one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you Linda, and your phrase "Easy Peasy"...they are just that!

      Delete
  2. Sprinkles are a great idea, especially for children! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know these pretty cookies were a hit with the neighbors! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, Mildred...Love your new wreath.

      Delete
  4. Love just flows out of your kitchen, Wanda. Makes me smile every time. =) I see you've gotten moved, too!! Whew. What a chore. I still have boxes... and things are not hung on the walls... Doesn't feel like home yet... Maybe soon. ;) I may have to whip up a batch of those happy cookies! blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tanna ~ while you were moving, we were too. The house we were rented was sold, and we have moved to a Senior/Family complex and love it. Meeting new friends and children. Hugs back to you and welcome back to blogland.

      Delete
  5. Yum...my mouth just watered. I'd love a couple of those for breakfast with my coffee right about now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You took the words right out of my mouth. Sounds like breakfast to me too!!

      Delete
  6. Oh, these look good! The kids will love them. I'm glad the cookie ministry is reaching out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember the baseball movie, "Field of Dreams"..."build it, and they will come...."
      "Bake them, and they will come..." It's true...I baked...they came. Gotta love it.

      Delete
  7. Oh, I'm going to try these. They sound simple and tasty.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    We will be celebrating Steve's birthday on Sunday after church. Making spare ribs and corn on the cob. Should be yummy. Temps are suppose to be 99F - 100F. Probably will stay indoors with the AC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue they are really simple and quick. And a very tasty sugar cookie.

      Delete
    2. Say Happy Birthday to Steve....dinner sound delish.

      Delete
  8. sugar cookies are the best!!! Yummo! I love the sprinkles ,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a cup of coffee, sugar cookies are the best. Sprinkles are always a hit with the kids.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful cookies. Sugar cookies are my all time favorite. Blessings for a great weekend, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sugar cookies, and didn't make them often when I had to refrigerate and roll out..these are so easy!

      Delete
  10. great post i found you thrue enchanting rose...love your post

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)