Wednesday, July 9, 2014

IF PICTURES COULD TALK

 
Going through a box of pictures in the garage during the move found this one of my Uncle Leo Dill (my dad's younger brother).   I wish I knew the story behind this picture.  There is a hand scribbled note on the back.  "Going to Colorado to see mom."  What I don't understand is I had never heard that my Grandma Dill ever lived in Colorado.  I can only assume this picture was taken in Oklahoma where the Dill family lived. Was he going to ride a horse from Oklahoma to Colorado???
 
Doesn't he look like a mountain man right out of a movie.  Horse, saddle bags, riffle and a dog.  How I wish pictures could talk ~ I would love to know the rest of the story.
 
Do you have mystery pictures in your family.

9 comments:

  1. What a treasure this photo is. Quite the mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those old pictures! I think you should do a little research on it.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. The longer time goes on, the more mysterious those old photos become.
    Last year one mystery was solved for me when I "met" (online) a third cousin who explained the mystery of the sad old woman in the cemetery. I knew who it was but I didn't know why the photograph. It was my great, great Aunt Hattie by her son's war grave in far away France. She was a Gold Star mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great mystery. I hope someone in the family can clear it up for you.
    My Mother in Law never put names or locations on most of the photos. Now we haven't a clue on so many of them. We have kept most of them just because of the history depicted but some we just had to chuck because of room and no attachment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If pictures could talk, indeed! I love making up stories around ones that remain a mystery. This almost looks like a painting - I love it. Captures such a rugged, back-to-the-land feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sad thing about mystery photos is that I discovered too many after all those who could tell me about them were already dead. I wish you well at solving your mystery photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is what I call a curious picture. It's a very good one, he does look like he could ride that far. But to not know the full story, would make you start thinking . Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful picture, Wanda. What a family treasure!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)