Thursday, July 24, 2014

"GREEN" ODDS AND ENDS

 Lots of green around our place ~ this was on our walk last evening around the grounds.

 My spider plant is having babies like crazy!  Must love the balcony.

Martha Washington is sprouting new leaves every day...can't wait for her to bloom...they will be pink!!


This sign hung at the Church we served for 27 years.  Richard, a dear member of the church made it.  Since Don loves the balcony I decided that would be a good place for his "Office".

 
Picked up a cute little plant to add some green to the kitchen.
 
 
My neighbor downstairs, Emma, loves plants and her patio is filled with all kinds and sizes...but she was admiring my Creeping Charlie, since that one kind she didn't have.  So yesterday I bought a little planter and I'm rooting her a "Charlie" and will pot it in some soil when it roots, and give it to her.
 
Will be making cookies this morning, as I had a nice visit at the pool yesterday with some kids, and told them today I would bring cookies when I come to swim.  So the cookie ministry is up and running....

17 comments:

  1. You are just the nicest person!! Making new friends very quickly indeed! That sign is so great! :)

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know my mom used to say..Wanda do you want a lot of friends....then you need to be friendly!! That's pretty much my motto.

      Delete
  2. Ah, it couldn't have been too long before you found people to bake cookies for! I love the idea of the balcony office! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pool attracts kids...cookies attracts kids...I'm the facilitator...HaHa.

      Delete
  3. Looks like the plants are doing beautiful.
    I am glad you are enjoying yourself.
    I am sure the kids will be so happy to have you bake them cookies. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, the kitchen has always been my favorite room.

      Delete
  4. I love you, Wanda! Everyone does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too Linda..the same could be said about you.

      Delete
  5. Wanda, you are such a joy.
    You really bloom where you are planted.
    "Charlie" and cookies...what a ministry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made sugar cookies with sprinkles...thought the kids would like that. Made a few plain ones for us.

      Delete
  6. You are so happy in your new spot. I love your new hairdo it suits you. And those swim caps are definitely the Cat's Meow....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the simple hair-do. Easy Peasy!!

      Delete
  7. A cookie ministry! Now that's going to be a big hit! It's always fun to see the corners of a friend's home and to learn what is special to her heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something I've done for years and years. Cookies have opened many doors to share the gospel. Hopefully I can share the Wordless Book with some of the kids here in the complex.

      Delete
  8. Wanda, Love your spider plant:):) The plant you call creeping Charlie, that's strange we have a weed that is sometimes called that. I think it's chick weed actually.Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Spreading love and sunshine in the new place! But I knew you would! :)

    Love your new little kitchen plant...it has such a nice shape!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great greenery - so fresh. And I love Don's office on the balcony - what better place?!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)