Saturday, July 5, 2014

A SUNDAY STROLL THROUGH THE GROUNDS


Took my camera for a stroll through the grounds here at Villa Ramona.  Just below our balcony and to the right is a large fig tree.  I love figs and need to find out what the CC&R's say about picking fruit on the grounds.  (Perhaps a midnight harvest)  Just kidding!!!
 

This is our balcony from the walkway below.  A good look at the Tree House.

 There are several large hibiscus plants in bloom.
 
 Part of the charm of the complex is the natural landscaping.  Bushes, trees, plants and arbors.
 
 
The pool fences are covered with trumpet plants and the hummingbirds and bumble bees feast daily.  I see little lizards every time I take a walk.  Living here, I won't miss Desconso Gardens.  Hope you enjoyed the walk.  Trusting you have a blessed Sunday.

13 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous place to walk. I remember my parents had a fig bush. Fig preserves are great with hot biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years ago we had a large fig tree in the front yard that hung over the sidewalk. It was so messy. I would hang plastic bags on the fence and a sign
      "Take all the figs you want".

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I love the shade and privacy that tree gives your balcony!

    I can just see you getting caught on security cameras in your nightgown picking figs at midnight! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I walk the grounds, it seems we have one of the most private balconies. Yet from our view point we can see out very well.

      That's the last thing my dearest needs is to have his wife busted in her nightgown stealing figs. HaHa.

      Delete
    2. Oh, now that is funny! I can so see that too.

      Delete
  3. It looks like living on a fabulous landscaped estate and your balcony has a pretty view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your own "Paradise Garden".
    You in your nightie sneaking off with some figs is quite a picture..haha...
    I hope they let you pick some. It sure would be sad to have them go to waste.
    Mark and family will return to our house on Wednesday and stay for a few days. It really is nice to catch up on things. I will write in detail later.
    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanda, That looks like a wonderful place to enjoy nature. I had never seen figs before....that weren't in a cookie.:):) Blessings for a fun time. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tree house life is looking good!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is so lovely. Thank you for taking us on a stroll.

    Have a beautiful week - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Desconso Gardens"...what's that? Is that were you used to live?
    Looks lovely, Wanda. So happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)