Wednesday, June 4, 2014

NEVER SAY NEVER

  
 
When you are moving, you come across things long put to rest in you memory bank.  So it was this morning as I was trying to organize and pack some of my art supplies.  In a pocket in my "portable art bag" I found the ribbons I won at the Stanislaus County Fair when we lived up North.  I was not interested in putting my paintings at the Fair.  Probably embarrassed because I've wandered through the exhibits in years past a marveled at the art work.  But I had several friends that wouldn't give up and insisted I at least put a few in.  I had just finished three so I took the plunge and entered them in the Senior 55+ Division.  
 
 
Imagine the surprise and joy I felt when my friend called and told me she had just gone to the fair and all three of my paintings had one "first prize"  And my "Apple Blossom" had also a "Best of Show" ribbon.   


My "Autumn Wolf" took first place in the animal division.

 
My "Girl in the White Dress" took first in the Portraits.
 
Never say Never ~ I would never have dreamed of getting a ribbon, and to get three and best of show is one of my personal joys and achievements.  It has given me confidence to try other things too as God is the giver of gifts and talents and we need to use them to bring HIM glory.
 
Wonder what else I'll find packing for this move!!


21 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I think these are some of the prettiest paintings you've shown on your blog. Its so fun to see talent being used. So glad you won those ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care how old you are...it's fun to win a ribbon. Thanks...these are probably three of my best as I was taking a class and the teacher gave me so really good pointers.

      Delete
  2. Well, No wonder you won those ribbons. You do absolutely phenomenal work!!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana ~ I do enjoy my paintings and hang them in different rooms at different times.

      Delete
  3. BEAUTIFUL work!! I can see why your paintings won recognition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda... I would love to see a close up of your wall with all your paintings. There is something special about creating something and enjoying it.

      Delete
  4. Knowing very little about art. I think your capture of the girl in a white dress is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is lovely isn't she? Thanks Dave.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for giving me hours of enjoyment! Your blogs are interesting, beautiful and exciting.
    Unique Home Interior Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do such beautiful work, Wanda. No wonder you won! The redhead is my favourite too. I love ribbons. I think I still have mine from elementary school - wayyyyyy back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun to get at any age. We need for encouragement in our lives and less put down, I think.

      Delete
  7. oh wanda they are so beautiful , well deserved rewards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie ~ Do you hang the same pictures or do you change out your paintings as your mood changes. I put mine up...then take them down and put up another. Part of the fun.

      Delete
  8. What a lovely thing to find tucked away to bring back some great memories. I wonder if you will win some more someday! You deserve to. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memories are a wonderful thing. Open a pocket find a treasure, and it makes your day.

      Delete
  9. Loved all three of the paintings! You're very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my paintings have become my friends. Nice to have them "hanging around"...HaHa

      Delete
  10. Your paintings are spectacular Wanda.
    You deserve every blue ribbon.
    Pacing for a move really is an adventure down memory lane. Continued energy and happy treasure hunting.
    Today is our Amanda's graduation from 8th grade. Where has the time gone? High School here we come.
    Cody graduated from High School last night. Now on to the next interesting and prayer filled chapter of his life.
    Take care sweet friend,
    Love you
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your paintings are wonderful, Wanda. No wonder you won first and best of show. Best of luck with the move, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the prizes! It doesn't surprise me. I so enjoy your watercolors and have actually used a couple as wallpaper on my phone. I hope that is all right.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)