Tuesday, June 3, 2014

FIRST TIME COOKIES



When our friend, Cliff put the new igniter in the oven, I ask him what his favorite cookie was ~ and I gave him a list, Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter, Oatmeal raisin, Sugar cookies, Snickerdoodles.   He paused, thought a moment and said "White Chocolate Macadamia Nut".  HaHa...that wasn't on my list.  But being a honest man and good friend ~ I told him that is what he would get!!  (I've never made that kind ~ thus "first time cookies)


What happened the next day was funny ~~ here comes Cliff with a big can of Macadamia Nuts.   His wife told him on the way home, he should have just picked a cookie on my list....that macadamia nuts are expensive.  So Linda picked up a can at Costco and sent Cliff with my present.

This after noon my "first time cookies" went into the oven and I must say, they did turn out nice and tasted delicious.  Guess they are now on my official cookie list.  Thanks for the big can, Linda.

Hope you enjoy them Cliff ~ I'm sure enjoying having my oven fixed.

18 comments:

  1. Wanda, how long have you been married.............never give us men choices......just tell us.!!!! Thats what we're used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHaHa...you are so funny Dave. Yes after 53 years of marriage...what was I thinking.

      Delete
  2. What a nice pair of friends you have there!! The cookies look delicious, so I bet that they will make a return appearance on the cookie list at some point! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do believe these will be return cookies...They are on my list now.

      Delete
  3. That is a cute story and that is a fav of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cookie lady strikes again... and with a new cookie. HaHa

      Delete
  4. I've never made that kind either. Maybe I'll have to give them a try too.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda got the large can at Costco...don't know how much she paid..will have to check it out the next time I go. The can is large enough for several batches..only takes a cup per batch.

      Delete
  5. Love those nuts. Wish Dave could eat nuts....
    So glad you got your oven fixed.
    Off for our Wednesdate now....
    (:0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun...I know you'll have all that delicious food at the buffet. I think not being able to eat nuts would really get to me...Besides being a little nutty... I love all kinds.

      Delete
  6. Yum ! Yum ! I used to buy those at a bakery. ...long ago ! I've never baked them myself but i do want to keep up with YOU , Wanda !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I always bought them in the bakery too! But they are pretty much basic cookie recipe. A little more butter than most, but then butter makes everything better. Keeping up with me...that's funny coming from you...since I don't think any of us can keep up with you...only in my dreams. Love you!

      Delete
  7. They look delish...wish I lived closer...
    Cheers a!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Wanda, what a lovely story. I'd imagine your cookie list would be far bigger though? You must have literally made thousands of cookies of the years! And yes, I'm sure they are delicious. Now, you will have to try to make jammie dodgers or Chocolate digestives or bornvilles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha-ha! Now that's a man that he knows what he wants. Very sweet of you to make them for him. Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)