Saturday, May 31, 2014

THOUGHTS ON COMMUNION

Being in the ministry for 50 years, my dearest has served Communion hundreds of times.  What I loved about our Communion Service the first Sunday of each month was the meditation.  I know a lot of churches have a communion reading or meditation as they serve communion, but my dearest had the entire service that Sunday geared around communion.  The worship music, the hymns, the sermon and it just always impressed me how important Communion is.  A time to remember the cost of our Salvation, and the unconditional Love that purchased it on the cross.

I loved decorating the Communion Table and collected items that I thought would give a "Visual" to the meaning of the service.  The painting above is one of the displays I had on the Communion Table.

Tomorrow is Communion Sunday, and I look forward to sharing communion with my church family and remembering the sacrifice that was made for me.  A precious gift I received, the strength it gives me to live it out in my daily life and a home in heaven to look forward too.

11 comments:

  1. Communion is a great gift, and how good your hubby gets to serve it, so many times over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely. May we never take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The painting illustrates the message so well. Beautiful. How wonderful you have shared all those services together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Wanda.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Communion renews and refreshes my soul! I am fortunate that our little church serves it every service!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful Wanda, you and your husband are an inspiration,

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had communion last Sunday! I agree with the quiet meditation part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had communion this Sunday. I enjoy it at the church where we are now, but I miss it at Calvary Chapel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so nice Wanda, very peaceful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember those Sundays..Loved it to. It was when I felt the Holy Spirit the most. Still playing for communion. The Holy Spirit is still their, but miss you guys !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How reverent! It troubles my husband and I greatly that communion services at our church are so casual. Your painting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)