Saturday, May 10, 2014

THE LOVE OF THREE MOTHERS


The three most important women in my life are all residence of heaven.  My mother, Floy, (on the left) gave me life and loved me unconditionally her entire life.  She was a role model of wife, mother and friend.  Her sweet and gentle spirit taught, guided and encouraged me.  Watching her in the kitchen gave me a love of cooking and baking.  Watching her live our her faith set me on a path of wanting to live a life of faith and serve others.  I love and miss you mom.

When my sweet mom passed away at 79, my Aunt Cassie (on the right) filled that hole in my heart as she was so much like my mom.  Cassie was the older sister, but lived to be 98. We shared so many stories and anytime you went to Aunt Cassie's you could plan on a full dinner, ice cream in the freezer and cookies in the cookie jar.  My sister and I had the pleasure of visiting her weekly in the assisted living, and later in the nursing home.  I love and miss you Aunt Cassie.

When I married my dearest in 1961 I was blessed with another mother, Frankie.  She was another role model as she raised three boys, was a hard worker and provider for her boys.  I was loved and accepted as a daughter and loved her flair for life and was the best "Thrift Store" shopper I ever met.  She could spot a Saks 5th Ave, or Nordstrom on a rack 10 fee away.  She always dressed beautifully.  She knew "bling" before it was popular.  I love and miss you Frankie.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

10 comments:

  1. what a beautiful tribute to three beautiful women, Happy Mothers Day to you,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie ~ Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day too.

      Delete
  2. Aw, how sweet! I love that you have a picture of all three together! They all sounds like really great ladies. You're a wonderful lady yourself, Wanda. And I'm happy to know you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture was taken one Christmas when we lived in the parsonage. My mother and Aunt Cassie lived in the area, and Grandma Frankie came up from LA for Christmas. It was a special Christmas having them all together.
      Thank you for your kind words...happy we met too.

      Delete
  3. Lucky you to have 3 such special ladies in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I enjoy their memories all the time.

      Delete
  4. Lucky you.....3 mums!
    Happy day Wanda...
    Linda:o)♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am blessed...Happy Mother's Day, Lind.

      Delete
  5. Such a nice tribute to the important women in your life, Wanda. Happy Mother's Day!
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a wonderful post, you certainly were blessed with the love of mothers....whether it was by birth or not.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)