Tuesday, May 6, 2014

REFLECTIONS ON A GREAT TRIP



It was a wonderful trip, 1800 miles!  My brother's memorial celebration was just that.  A very joyful celebration of his life.  The chapel was full of friends and family.  Hal planned it and his wife carried out his wishes. 
The next day, we continued our trip to Oregon to see our daughter, sil, and Tristan.  I guess you can tell by the pictures, Grandpa and Grandma are star struck.  Grandpa calls him his "Little Big Man" as you can see he's a healthy 10 months.


It didn't take him long to warm up to us, and what fun we had playing on the floor and taking walks in Jill's beautiful neighborhood in the woods.  I had a delicious carrot bunt cake and melon colored gladiolas for my birthday celebration.  Tristan had his first taste of watermelon and you can see he liked it.  It was special to be with Jill as this is her first "Mother's Day".

I have a lot of different pictures from the trip that I will be sharing, but for now... I'm ready to crawl in my own bed!  I've missed you all, but it was rather nice to not have a computer, and really have a Blog Break!

BTW ~ traveling to Jill's is my new header.

17 comments:

  1. When I was in high school we had to describe what our favorite room would look like. In my description my table had a large vase of melon-colored gladiolas! Tristan looks a very happy and healthy little fella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Chris when I graduated High School in 1959, we had flower girls who dressed in formals carried a bouquet of glads to each girl. It was a lovely ceremony.

      Delete
  2. Your little guy is adorable, almost as adorable as my grandson. ha ha!
    So glad you had a wonderful trip. I'm glad you're back.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that Martha...Almost as cute as yours...HaHa. No bias here !! It was a great trip.

      Delete
  3. Lovely to have you back again Wanda, I am sorry for the reason for your trip, but glad that you made the most of it and had some enjoyable moments! Your birthday cake and flowers look lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny Amy, how the circle of life is... losing my brother, and gaining a new grandson...so life goes on.
      The cake was good, and the flowers opened up completely before we left.

      Delete
  4. Hi Wanda...welcome home!
    Glad you got to spend time with your daughter and her family....especially that little munchkin Tristan♥️
    Relax....get back in the swing of things....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wanted to bring that munchkin home. Already miss him so. Yep...back in the swing..trip to Costco, and a ton of laundry done!

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you had a good trip even though it was a bit sad, beautiful photos, you are so right, nothing like our own bed,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good trip, Laurie and love the scenery. Slept so good last night!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful baby! What a long trip, I know you're glad to be home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. At least that was round trip...900 up and 900 back home. Still a lot of miles.

      Delete
  7. Welcome home.
    Glad you had such a wonderful time with Tristan and the family.
    We sure missed you though.
    Love these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have fun with our "Little Big Man" as Don has nicknamed him.

      Feels good to be back in my routine.

      Delete
  8. It's always nice to come home - no matter how much fun you have when away! Beautiful country road! A celebration of LIFE! That's the way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that true...No place like home! It was a really nice celebration of my brother's life.

      Delete
  9. Im happy you come back Wanda:)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)