Sunday, May 18, 2014

ONE, TWO, THREE

You know that old expression things come in "three's".   

 ONE ~Planning a move -Oh the packing....collecting tons of boxes.
Just to clarify ~ I didn't drink all the wine to get this load of boxes.  HaHa.  Our Trader Joe's is very willing for customers to take empty wine boxes off their hands.  They are large enough to hold a lot, but small enough not to weigh a ton.  (Like books  or dishes)
 
I have them sitting on an antique Tea Cart that Jill gave me when we were in Oregon.  It had belonged to her husbands grandma.  I'm so tickled to have it, as I have wanted one for a long time.  It needs a little cleaning, and a few new nails and glue, but when finished will look so cute in our next place.

 

TWO ~Jury Duty - I originally got my notice last month when I needed to take the trip to see my brother for the last time.  I was sure I would be excused.  NOT.  Instead, my date was postponed until May 19.  My old age, and loss of hearing didn't work. (HaHa)  LA County doesn't care that I'm 73 and wear hearing aids...and the court house is downtown LA....freeways, traffic, parking.  Not complaining...just saying!
 
 
 
    THREE ~ Granddaughters Wedding.  Our sweet Monique's wedding is June 14 and that's just around the corner.  You know I did find the dress to wear, so now I just need to find a cute pair of sandal heels.  I think we are able to make our move either before or after the wedding, depending on the time frame of the approval for the apartment.  This is an exciting time in many ways.
Do you find often things come in threes?

20 comments:

  1. I do find things come in threes, your booze boxes looked like ours two months ago, ours were from the Liquor store, o you know, I had never been in a Liquor store until we move, lol they are good sturdy boxes, I now understand what you meant in your other post, why you are moving, I 'm a little slooooow!!!! I am excited for you!!! Beautiful things coming your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw Betsy's comment...Yep...for her things certainly came in threes...
      These are good boxes too. Because they held glass I know they are sturdy.

      Delete
  2. yep....even babies! hahaha....

    things break in three at our house, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Betsy...I truly didn't think of the triplets...Yes, I guess you could say yep!!! HaHa

      Delete
    2. yes Betsy and her beautiful boys!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Honey.....you do not LOOK like you are 73!!! They say 70 is the new 35.....they must have been looking at YOU when that came about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us artists know how to apply makeup, Linda. I paint on a happy face every morning...HaHa..But thanks for the compliment.

      Delete
  4. 73 is the prefect age for jury duty, and next year it will be 74, then 75.....as long as its not 49, my age.

    I like that tea cart. I'd like to have one, but it wouldn't fit in my house.

    I hope the move isn't very stressful, just think you will have a new palette to decorate every season.

    Oh, what happened to Kershaw last night? You know he went to a high school we play every year in baseball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thinking you've never been called to serve on a jury?? Isn't that Tea Cart neat. Yes, I'm already looking forward to decorating a new place.
      OH I don't know what happened to Kershaw...I've never seen that happen~~NEVER.

      Delete
    2. I was called to jury duty once a couple of years ago. It was Federal, about mortgage fraud and flipping houses. It lasted 5 weeks and I hated driving to downtown Dallas (I'll take it over LA though) on the plus side....it had to do with former Dallas Cowboys football players

      Delete
  5. Oh- Yes- things come in threes for me- and I do believe in that old rule.
    They probably thought you were lying about your age at the courthouse. You look wonderful for 73, Wanda. Do you know bj (Sweet Nothings)? She is another over 70 gal that is just beautiful.
    Happy Move! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa ~ They didn't see me. I should send them a picture of me in the morning before I paint on my face. I would have surely been excused. I'll check out bj.

      Delete
  6. Yes I do believe that things come in 3's. I didn't mind jury duty, but driving to Riverside was a pain in the patooie(spelling?), can't imagine having to drive to downtown LA. Liquor boxes always make good packing boxes, when we moved here from California it looked like a load of drunks had moved in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you live in Riverside...that's not so far from us. I guess liquor boxes are universal for moving. HaHa.

      Delete
    2. We lived in Hemet before we moved to Georgia, we've been here 11 years.

      Delete
  7. I agree, things so often come in three's! You will be very busy, my friend. Please know that you will be in my prayers during this time.

    Hugs and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie ~ When the dust settles, I should be back to a normal routine.
      Thanks for your prayers..always appreciated.

      Delete
  8. Three's, yes, that's what they say; three bears, three pigs, three billy goats gruff. Three wishes, three strikes, and three Methodists... Oh, wait! That's Free Methodists, isn't it. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh good grief....it never rains but it pours.
    Really hope you get excused from Jury.
    Take a deep breath and just do the next thing.
    At least you have a wonderful wedding to look towards.
    Happy packing and I love that tea cart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well if you had bought all of that wine you would be well set up for a great wine collection in your new home! I think that getting the empty boxes is probably better though! I hope that you can work our your dates to fit in with the wedding. xx

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)