Friday, May 9, 2014

ODDS AND ENDS FROM THE TRIP


This is the chapel where we had my brother's celebration of life.


Across the street from the chapel I met a very interesting man.  I tried to have a conversation with him, but as you can see he was "stoned."  (Just kidding)


 Since he wouldn't give me the time of day, I took a picture of the plaque so you could read about the "Father of the Freeways".


We took a trip to Crescent City to get Tristan a High Chair from Walmart and on the way back we saw a herd of elk.  They make their home in this area, but are not always in this meadow.  We were fortunate to see them and get some pictures.  Beautiful majestic animals.


However, Jill has deer in her yard every day.  These two are nibbling grass in the back yard.


I had to laugh when I downloaded this adorable picture of Jill giving Tristan a big kiss.  Why the laugh...you got it ~~Grandpa being a little boy and giving Tristan "horns".....didn't we all do that when we were kids.


 On our walk one afternoon, I saw this moss covered stump that someone had added eyes.  HaHa.."Here's lookin at you"


One wall in Tristan's room is a blackboard.  You can see the message for me and Julie when we made our trip in April.  And a new message for me and Grandpa for this trip.


One morning we took a trip into Fred Meyer and it was rather chilly.  I adore this picture of Tristan in his hat with ears.


On the trip home through the valley, I smelled onions...and sure enough there was a large field of onions as far as you could see.

Hope you enjoyed the little tour of odds and ends.  

18 comments:

  1. oh my gosh you are so funny! What a great time you had, I have never saw a field of onions, wow, I bet they did smell,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What would we do Laurie, if we can't laugh! I have always loved life no matter how hard it has been at times, and I choose humor over bitterness. Love your attitude..you inspire me every day.

      Delete
  2. A good trip al round then. I think Celebrations of life are a good thing, but then I suppose that depends on the age of the person involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's so true Dave. This was my little brother. Ten years younger than me so that too young. But I must say he did a lot of interesting things in the time he had..63 years.

      Delete
  3. Fun photos! Could that Tristan be any cuter? And Jill just glows. Motherhood suits her well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That odds and ends might make a fun post too. Yes, I know I'm bias but Tristan melts my heart every time I see a picture of him. Sweet Jill, loving motherhood.

      Delete
  4. It does look like a good trip. I like your quiet friend.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a motor`mouth, I could take a lesson or two from him...HaHa.

      Delete
  5. Lovely to see your tour of odds and ends. You would think that having travelled so far to see Mr Collier that he would have taken the time to have a little chat with you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly...however in that condition it was understandable. (teehee) Fun to find humor on a trip that started on such a serious note.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed pictures from your trip very much. Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day, Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mildred. Wishing you a delightful Mother's Day too.

      Delete
  7. OH! I thought you were talking to John Wayne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think John would have said something..Like "Hi Pilgrim"...HaHa

      Delete
  8. I never knew there was a 'father of freeways' hmmmm.
    Your grandson is adorable, I miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either Linda... Well in So. CA. that's all we have...Freeways....and traffic. HaHa.
      Isn't he sweet...I have missed those days too since all our other grandchildren are teenagers or older. We do have two great grandsons 5 and 6. Love 'em all.

      Delete
  9. Too funny you are!
    What a precious little chapel,I enjoyed seeing that.
    I have enjoyed my visit here tonight as I relax by the fire and the rain trickles on the roof top. It feels like snow is on the way though.
    Joy! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie ~ A sense of humor is a gift ~ and I find humor in things most don't.
      Glad you enjoyed the tour....Happy Mother's Day to a very special lady.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)