Friday, May 23, 2014

HOLY SMOKES!

When I saw this cartoon, I said "Holy Smokes" that just how I feel right now.  Jury duty, Monique's wedding, packing,moving!

We spent last night with Grandpa going over the ceremony with Monique and Eddie.  It's going to be such a beautiful wedding.  I excited that's it's just around the corner.

It's been a blessing that my dearest, being a minister has had the privilege of baptizing his children and grandchildren, and marrying them.  Dedicating their children, and being both granddad and pastor.  These are special moments in his life and we treasure them.

Now I need to re-focus on the boxes that need to be packed and the many decisions of what to take and what to leave.  Thank goodness our kids are taking all the big patio furniture and picnic tables so that a big help. 

Our friend brought us a ton of boxes and white new print, so I'm going to get busy today packing dishes.  Going to stop long enough this morning for a cut and perm.

Hope you have a great weekend.

12 comments:

  1. if I was closer I would come help pack!! try not to stress too much, I think moving is one of the most stressful things an if we aren't careful our immune system suffers, that is a great cartoon, I can relate as well!!!! take care,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite as bad as the cartoon, but it is busy. HaHa

      Taking a step back today...sat and read a book while getting a cut and perm. That was nice...Hair back short and easy.

      Delete
  2. The wedding will be beautiful and how joyful for your hubby as a pastor to officiate at important celebrations for your family. I hope your move goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's truly been a blessing to have dad participate in so many special events in the family.

      Delete
  3. Don't forget to take a breather now and then.
    How special for Don to be able to be the minister and Grandpa to your family.
    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue the cartoon is a little extreme...but it sure tells a busy story. As I mentioned to Laurie...I did take time out to read my book, while getting a cut and perm. Back to short..EASY PEASY hairdo.

      Delete
  4. Such a precious honor. Daddy was able to dedicate all of his children and grandchildren, marry all but the last two who are 11 and 14 and dedicate two of his great grands. Sadly, my grandchildren will never meet their great Granddaddy until they get to heaven. What a privilege that will be for your family. Excited for you in all of the above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, I wonder about the younger grandchildren like Nick and Jon (13,15) Tristan (10 mo.) and the great grandboys (5,6) Praying the Lord will keep us around long enough to see more graduations and weddings..etc.

      I know you will also treasure your "Daddy" moments. All so precious.

      Delete
  5. I feel like this month has been a whirlwind too! That hamster wheel is hilarious. I'm going to a wedding tomorrow night. Looking forward to it (except the 2 hr drive both ways).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone I talk too is having a whirlwind month, or year...Keep safe on your journey, and enjoy celebrating the wedding.

      Delete
  6. Well if you pack the boxes as fast as that little critter is running you will be all done in double quick time and ready to go by the end of the weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though my brain felt like I was running, in reality I'm pacing myself pretty good, and taking time after a few boxes to read my book.
      Tomorrow is Monique's Bridal Shower so it will be a fun and festive day. No packing tomorrow or Sunday!!

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)