Wednesday, May 21, 2014

CHICKEN OAHU ~CROCK POT DINNER


Tried a new Crock Pot recipe tonight that we really enjoyed.  I call it Hawaiian Thanksgiving, but the cook book calls it Chicken Oahu.
Chicken Oahu
 
4 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
1 can crushed pineapple
 
Oahu Sauce (gravy)
 
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons finely chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup water
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon soy sauce
 
Instructions:
Mix flour, paprika, salt and pepper
coat chicken and brown in hot oil. (drain)
Combine stuffing cubes with un-drained crushed pineapple
Place stuffing mixture in bottom of crock pot
Place browned chicken pieces on top of stuffing.
Cook on high for 1 hour, and on med. for 5 hours.
 
In a sauce pan place celery onion and bell pepper with 1/2 cup water and simmer until tender.  Add mushroom soup, sour cream and soy sauce ~ heat through but do not boil
Serve over chicken and stuffing.
 
It was really good.  I'm sure I'll make it again.


10 comments:

  1. That does look like a good recipe, but I am probably too lazy to do all those steps. I just throw stuff in the crockpot and away we go!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before we retired, I did everything the quick way...now I enjoy longer recipes. But then if you know me...I camp in the kitchen. HaHa

      Delete
  2. This looks very good! I will have to add it to my recipes and try it soon - thanks for sharing, dear Wanda!

    Have a lovely weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not "out of the ball park"....but it was really good and different.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a keeper to me. I would have to do some planning to have all those ingredients but I think I will try it some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have the stuffing cubes...so toasted some bread, cubed and added the seasoning. Had all the rest. My pineapple was chunked...so I processed it...I really wanted to try this recipe and had the time yesterday..recouping from my long day at jury duty.

      Delete
  4. sounds yummy, very different, I like that, I get in a rut with the same recpies, time and time again, I will try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good! I'm always looking for good crock-pot recipes. I get too tired to do anything very fancy by dinner time, so I resort to the crock pot. I like the idea of stuffing cubes, i bet they could be used in a good number of things.

    So our lives are still paralleling -- you're moving to a senior park. I think you'll love it. If they don't have a Bible Study class, maybe Don could volunteer and that would keep him out of mischief!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious!
    Enjoy your weekend
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds really good...love the combination of flavors in that sauce. We love pineapple, too...yum! I'm like you..I enjoy the process of cooking and if something takes a little longer and I have an afternoon to enjoy that, it's really fun!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)