Saturday, May 31, 2014

BREAD BOX TO FLOWER BOX



This old tin bread box is one of my special treasures.  I found it at a yard sale years ago, and just liked the looks of it.  It's been in the garage and I had completely forgotten about it until we started sorting and packing. 


The other day when I was reading Linda's blog (Woke Up, Got Out of Bed) she had a picture of a colorful tin in her garden area filled with plants.  I immediately thought of the bread box and how cute it would look the a balcony filled with flowers.


I want to fill it with pink Martha Washington geraniums like the one in our back yard in the stone pot.  I plan to take the little section of white picket fence and a little white table I have to set it on.  What do you think?  Good idea?

Good bye Chapter May ~ you have been the most interesting month ~ Looking forward to Chapter "June".

12 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great idea! I love seeing planters being made out of something else. It will be so pretty to have the bright green and pink used together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing...the color combination would be nice, and then sitting on the little white wood table with the picket fence in from. Can't wait to actually do it.

      Delete
  2. I can picture it now - love the idea of taking a piece of the fence for the balcony. Very fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That little section of fence with hinges has followed me...It spruces up a corner real nicely.

      Delete
  3. Great idea! It will work! Of course, I'd paint it red:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that would look cute too...but red's not my color. But red with white flowers would be nice.

      Delete
  4. It's going to look so cute on your balcony! You must be having so much fun going through your garage! Lost treasures there just waiting to be discovered again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we got to the end of the garage today!! It looking neat with the boxes organized. The yard sale is growing by the day too. My friend has a clothes rack, so that will help with the clothes. I hate piles of clothes on tables or blankets. The look much more attractive hanging, don't you think?

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie...Will post the finished product later.

      Delete
  6. Remember to bang a few holes in the bottom of the tin....and some gravel, for drainage!
    Good luck....thanks for mentioning me!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)