Friday, April 18, 2014

A LITTLE GIRL'S QUESTION


Christians all over the world will come together or privately to observe Good Friday. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior as a young girl.  Simple faith opened the door to my heart but as every child, there were  questions.

One was why would they call it GOOD Friday, when it was the day of the crucifixion.  The day they killed Jesus?  It made since to my little girl brain when I was told it was Good, because that was the day the penalty for sin was paid in full and the reason I could have my sins forgiven and have a home in heaven.  Also the good news, Jesus didn't stay dead...but just as he promised on the third day he arose and that's why we celebrate Easter.

That conversation took place 63 years ago, and that little girl's heart still belongs to Jesus.  His Word is my manual, His love fills my life and it was the best decision I've ever made.

That is why Easter is my favorite holiday, and I look forward to it each year.  I enjoy Spring, I love the flowers, I enjoy bunnies, and colored eggs, I enjoy making and giving Easter baskets to friends and family.  Most of all I love reading and meditation on Easter devotions, attending Good Friday Services, receiving communion, and singing Hallelujah on Easter Morning.

P.S.  My dearest has written a wonderful article that he posted this morning.  It's called "Black Sabbath" on my side bar (His blog is Reflections)  Doesn't post to often, but when he does, it's worth the read.  I know he would appreciate a visit.

*image from googleimages.com  

17 comments:

  1. Easter is the most powerful of all the Christian holidays, to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Powerful and Life Changing. I added a PS to my blog...my dearest has written a post.

      Delete
  2. Yes, love to sing His praises especially on Easter Sunday. Yes, He is risen. He is risen indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie, Love that we share the same heart on Easter. As I mentioned to Terra, above my dearest just wrote a post on his blog (which he doesn't do too often) Check out my PS at the bottom of my post.

      Delete
  3. I love Easter, too. Probably more than Christmas! Love your words here...very well said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy...Feel the same way.

      Delete
  4. Love this post Wanda! And I love Easter too, is special for me, really are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I beginning to think Easter is a favorite of many of us blog friends. Yeah!!! that makes me smile.

      Delete
  5. Just popped over and read the Black Sabbath post. Tell your dearest thanks for such a meaningful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you are a new friend to my blog you may not know my dearest was pastor for 50 years before we retired. He misses preaching so this is a good avenue for his thoughts.

      Delete
  6. Yes, just what I've been hearing from the grands..."Why "Good?" I will be back tomorrow to read your husband's thoughts when I'm awake enough to appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Children are full of questions..now my teenage grandchildren have another whole set...harder to answer..

      Delete
  7. Don't you love the questions that kids ask...and how they take them to heart when given the right answers?

    I love Easter, too, for the obvious reason but I also tie it to Spring and how that, too, is a rebirthing and renewing of the Earth's "soul". That even though things die away after a Season there is the promise of new life in the future.
    Blessings to you and I will pop by hubby's blog later, too- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Christmas, but I LOVE Easter. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I just said to my husband that Christmas would just be another birthday without Easter.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)