Saturday, March 15, 2014

WOMAN OF THE HOUSE




Do you remember Madane Thenardier in Les Meserables?  One of my favorite songs "Woman of the House" and she played it perfectly!

One day when I was feeling overwhelmed with being the Woman of the House I sat down and wrote my version of the song!!

WOMAN OF THE HOUSE

Woman of the House, Woman of the House
Get up in the morning ~ take care of the spouse.
Off to the kitchen, do a chore or two,
coffee in the coffee pot ready to brew.

Woman of the House, Woman of the House
Make the bed, get a slice of bread
Put it in the toaster ~ for the Dearest said,
Don't forget Molly, she has to be fed.

Woman of the House, Woman of the House
Make a menu, make it quick
Better make two, someone might be sick.
Cookies for the girls, cookies for the boys
Wait a minute, what's that noise.

Woman of the House, Woman of the House
Dryers done, calling my name
Clean laundry that's my fame.

Woman of the House, Woman of the House
Take a little wine, do a little prance,
Turn up the volume, do a little dance.
Another batch of cookies, bake a loaf of bread
Oh, the clothes are dry, fold them on the bed.

Woman of the House, Woman of the House
The Dearest is surfing the net, sitting in his chair 
Watching Le Mes, didn't comb his hair.
Computer on his lap, listening to the tunes
"Say Woman of the House, where
are my prunes?"

I hope you got a chuckle as my dearest and I do every time I perform it for him...HaHa


I got up this morning early and cleaned house in my nightgown, a cup of coffee in one hand and the mop in the other.  That's when I remembered "Woman of the House" and thought you might be cleaning today too and need a chuckle. 






16 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! And ain't it the TRUTH???? You always leave us smiling!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sense of Humor makes the world a better place, don't you think??

      Delete
  2. So funny! Les Mis is one of my favorite musicals. I have the DVD and love to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our favorite too...love all the versions. We saw one on the History channel from the 40's.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the chuckles, Wanda. I've been cleaning today too and this is just about how I feel!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, my little house is easy to clean, but I have a knack for the "flair" so you might call me the drama queen too.

      Delete
  4. Wanda, that's some good songwriting! It was a pretty accurate description of my days. All things I like to do, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest...I love being a housewife and caring for our little cottage...but I also love drama, music and fun..thus came the song inspired by Le Mis.

      Delete
  5. Oh- I sang that right along with you---even though I love it when I am doing it---or at least the results from the work when I AM done.
    I LOVED Les Mis, too...and would love to see it again on stage one day. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad you were singing with me. I do love my little home and caring for it and my dearest..but I also love humor and fun!! I would love to see it on stage too.

      Delete
  6. Oh Wanda you made me smile.
    It seems "stuff" is never done.
    Better to do it with a song than a frown.
    Love the part about where are my prunes....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, you remember from our stay with you...we carry our prunes with us....HaHa.."Old folks fruit" but it works~~~~
      I think I'm going to get up a costume, and memorize it and put it on for our kids at Christmas!!!

      Delete
  7. This is so funny!! I'm glad that you had a chuckle whilst cleaning house! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughter and cleaning are a good combination, Amy.

      Delete
  8. haha...oh, that gave me a good laugh! Boy oh boy, that is so true. Good thing we can do it all, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love my little house, and love being a woman of the house, but from time to time it's fun to make a little fun of it. Thank goodness Don thought it was funny too.....Shh ~ I left out one verse.....

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)