Saturday, March 22, 2014

SUNDAY MEDITATION


Most of my meditation time is in a corner of my home with a cup of coffee or tea.  This painting by Vladimir suggests such a moment and I love the peaceful, thoughtful feeling I get from it.

Each year during the 40 days before Easter, I find a meditation that follows that theme.  Last year it was "The Path of His Passion" by Bill Crowder.  This year I'm reading a book called "The Carpenter's Cloth ~Christ's journey to the Cross and Beyond." by Sigmund Brouwer.

No one knows Wanda like I do.  I know things about me that aren't has the picture painted out loud for people to see.  Even though we want to live authentic lives, transparent lives, we are all human and a line from the movie Titanic, spoken by the old Rose, reflecting on her life ~ "A woman holds an ocean of secrets in her heart."  That struck me as I know none of us are truly an OPEN BOOK.

But this is what I also know....God knows me better than I know myself, and as I meditate on His passion, His walk to the Cross, His sacrifice for MY SINS....I'm so thankful that we can nail our bad attitudes, our lies, our gossip, our hurts to the Cross, and that they have all been wiped clean by the blood of Jesus Christ.  Satan is the accuser, reminding us of our flaws and faults, but praise God we have an advocate that tells Satan...She is mine, she's been washed in the blood, she's forgiven, she is clothed in MY righteousness forever!

"Amazing Love, How can it be?  That Thou my God, should die for me."

Join me in praising God for his unspeakable Gift this Easter Season.

21 comments:

  1. Amen. What amazing love, indeed.
    This is a precious painting. Like you, I have one peaceful window where I sit and pray and read the Bible and listen. I'm so thankful for precious Christian blogging sisters to "visit" with daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone needs a "spot" for times like. I love that after you read and pray...you listen. That's when we hear that small still voice....Love you.

      Delete
  2. It truly is Amazing Love.
    I am so grateful for what the Lord has done in my life and what He continues to do daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a daily journey isn't it. Glad we met and can travel it together.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie...means a lot coming from you.

      Delete
  4. A woman holds an ocean of secrets in her heart. Wow, isn't that the truth! What great thoughts, here...glad there is someone that knows me even better than myself. :)

    That painting looks like me before I got my hair cut! I wore it like that all the time. ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed the reply I made to you yesterday is gone....where did it go.

      I was saying yes, I love the painting, and I do think it looks like pictures I've seen of you with you hair in an upsweep!! Sometimes my meditation hit ME hard, and then I know it's from the Lord.

      Delete
  5. Wanda, Oh, yes- even the most transparent of us-has a secret or two locked away in her heart- and sometimes it is one that will not ever be visited again because it is too painful....some of those secrets we drag out day-by-day and wonder "what if" This is a wonderful post. I am so glad I found you here in Blogland~ xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great that even those locked up secrets are held in His mighty hands, and we don't have to re-live them over and over. That's what the accuser would like..but I don't go there. PTL.

      Delete
  6. Yes, M'am!!! You hit the nail on the head! Wonderful post! Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda...tired has hit me..off to bed. Have a great Sunday.

      Delete
  7. Food for thought, for sure. All of has things the accuser would like to throw in our faces. Thank God the blood of His Son covers it all. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy...so glad we have Christian sisters on the blog to share with.

      Delete
  8. I needed something like this today.
    Thank you, Jesus, for loving me, and not only me but those I love as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh is love is truly amazing and covers us all.

      Delete
  9. Amen, Wanda! Ha, you could have been preaching right alongside your hubs and maybe you led studies or something? very well put and i totally agree. Sometime we can even be sadly too open and find out it comes back to bite us and hurt us more than if we had just remained fake. Sad but true. I think all of us have been hurt by those we trust, even the closest. It is, after all, our fallen nature. I guess I'm just glad we can be thankful we are offered a better way, so much better than our human frailties and failings. Where man fails us God does not...even when we fail to understand him with our limited minds and imaginations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BTW, I LOVE that painting! never seen it before or heard of the artist. Ooh! something to look up. I'm going to be sure to PIN that pic to my "paintings" board on my Pinterest account.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)