Saturday, February 15, 2014

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY ~~ MY MOM


My sweet mother has been in her new home in heaven since November 1991.  Monday, February 17th would be her birthday and I wanted to celebrate her life as I think that I'm nearing her age in this picture.  It was her 75th birthday and we had a marvelous party for her.  A year later she was diagnosed with cancer and was gone at 79.

I love this picture of her as the little boy on her lap is the father of our great grandsons Issac and Matthew.  The little girl by her side is my sister's granddaughter and she's also the mother of two.

Where does the time go.  To think these two babies are now parents.  It reminds me how fast life moves so I need to live every day like it's my last and count my blessing and show love every day!

We had an elderly man in our congregation when we lived up North, and every Sunday when we shook hands and shared a hug, my husband would say "Wayne, how you doing today?"  He always gave the same answer ~ "Every day's a bonus."   I love that ~ and that's so true.  We don't know what the future holds, but we know WHO holds the future ~ That makes every day a bonus!

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post and reminder for us to cherish each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you must still miss your Mom. Big hugs coming your way, Wanda... and, yes, we need to enjoy our bonuses! blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tribute to your Mother. Have a great Sunday. Hope hubby takes you out for a bite of lunch after church, so then all you will have to do is go home, change clothes, take off your shoes and put on slippers and take a little nap in a recliner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each day is more than a bonus it's a blessing. My Mom died in 1993 and February 26 is her birthday, but I remember her in my heart daily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Wanda, I hope all is well.
    Time does fly much too quickly and very often takes the ones most dear to us with it. It leaves us with the memories that we hold so dear.
    Everyday is a blessing.
    Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet face your mom had! having just celebrated my 74th birthday, I feel the same way as the man in your church, indeed each day is a bonus AND a blessing. Praise be to God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time sure does fly by, doesn't it? Amazing! Your mom looks so good in that photo at 75! I can see a little resemblance to you in her face, too!

    every day is a bonus...love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Mother was a beautiful woman,Wanda....
    I am sure you miss her very much....
    Happy Birthday to her...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Mom must have a been a lovely person to have made someone as lovely as you Wanda. Thinking of you thinking of her today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, thank you for that...Every day is a bonus.
    I am grateful for every one of them.
    Your Mother was such a lovely woman. Looking at her picture and the kind and gentle spirit that exudes from her, I can see where those same traits in yourself have come from.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)