Sunday, February 16, 2014

MONDAY, MONDAY


Some habits are hard to break.  Monday was wash day growing up.  And I find myself doing laundry on Monday's.

When we were raising our four, everyday was laundry day.  Did you ever wonder if you were washing the same kids clothes over and over, because they never stayed on the hangers or in the drawers...someone must have sneaked in their rooms in the night and put clothes on chairs,  dresser tops, the bed, the floor????  Thus the easiest thing to do when ask to clean their room.....put it in the dirty clothes hamper.   HaHa!  Glad those days are over.  Laundry is easy now.  Sheets and towels once a week, and a hamper for each of us.  But I still do it on Mondays.


Filled my basket with Meyer lemons from my neighbor's tree.  She is happy to give me a basket full each week as I use a lot of lemons.  Our trade this week was the Sweet and Salty cookies.  She is happy with the trade.



These cookies are called "Kitchen Sink" but the feature is sweet and salty.  Besides the chocolate chips they have broken pretzels and potato chips.  In my small house my washer and dryer become extra counter space and perfect for cooling cookies.



You might have to click and enlarge the picture to see it's a brooch with my name "Wanda".  Our cousin in Idaho, that we visited a couple years ago, sent it to me.  She said she didn't know that many Wanda's.  It came pined on a pretty black handkerchief with a very sweet note telling me I now have my own "Name Tag".


I don't know the name of this tree at Desconso Gardens, but they look like huge tulips.  I snapped this when we were having our Valentine Picnic.

Do you do anything specific on Mondays?   Does anyone still wash on Mondays??


20 comments:

  1. Such pretty blooms for Valentine's Day.
    Those lemons are so nice. Your cookies look delicious.
    I know you treasure the name pin. What a thoughtful gift.
    Don't work too hard tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that pin pretty. I haven't worn it yet, have to find just the right top.

      Delete
  2. Every day is still laundry day here! And yes, I caught Taylor putting clean clothes back into the hamper when he cleaned his room! ha.

    Those cookies look good! It's 11pm and I could go for a snack right about now. Maybe I should just drink a glass of water and go to bed instead? haha. But I'll dream of one. :)

    Love your name tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I did have that cookie in your honor last night. It was good ~~ I should have had the water. HaHa

      Delete
  3. Yes, I have never ending laundry these days. And yes, I have often wondered if the clothes I'm washing are really dirty or not sometimes. Kids will be kids. Your cookies look yummy. I've never heard of that kind before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are times when I missing my adult kids, cause they are so busy with their own lives...I wouldn't mind piles of laundry. **sigh**

      Delete
  4. Hi Wanda! Your blog is simply lovely and your header is stunning with the tea cup, tea pot, and pearls :)

    Your cookies looks SO yummy and would be the perfect treat to end my day.

    Happy to be following you and hoping you have a great week! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Stephanie ~ For Valentines Day I brought out some of my tea things to make the living room look a little more romantic. tea cups and pearls do it for me...

      Delete
  5. My wash day is Sunday afternoon and night. I always do the 'hang up' clothes last, so I dont forget to hear the DING when done, but every week, I dont hear it and have wrinkled shirts. I need to change my routine and do hang ups first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHaHa...Jim are you saying you have "hang ups". Sorry couldn't resist.. the pun. You are so fun and always love your comments.

      Delete
  6. Yes, I like to do my wash on Monday, too. ;) We call those trees Tulip Trees... I think they might be in the magnolia family though... I always love to see them bloom... one of the first announcements of spring. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been having spring days all week. I really need to stay inside today and clean house...but the outside is calling my name ever so sweetly. Laundry first!!!

      Delete
  7. I don't really have a specific routine except for grocery shopping on a Friday and changing the bed linen too! Your brooch is lovely, and what a thoughtful gift! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When our kids were young, I shopped on Friday's for a week. If I shopped for two, they would eat it in one...so now I don't have a specific schedule for food, except Costco one a month for the big items.

      Delete
  8. My laundry gets done when the laundry tub is full and it's always full on Monday morning. Mondays often feel like a down kind of day, maybe it the gearing up for the rest of the week. It's not that I don't accomplish anything, but with no small children I feel a little bit lazier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you have plenty of laundry tubs, and you must get that laundry done so the kids will have jail houses...HaHa.

      Delete
  9. When I worked I did the laundry on Saturday, since I've retired I just wait till the hamper is full. We seem to produce more laundry than when we worked, I've accused the cat of wearing our clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for me when I worked...everything had to be done on Saturday, as hubby was a preacher, so our Sunday's were full from top to bottom.

      Delete
  10. I have to admit my laundry for the most part is done when the hamper is full. With just the 2 of us it seems to take a week to even get full. The only set routine is trying to figure out my blog post for ABC Wednesday. It is also "pick up the house" day.
    I don't know, since Dave and I are "retired" the routines are more what we feel like doing than when we had everyday work. Your cookies sound delish...maybe I need a Kitchen sink recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending it out to you today. I'm a real fan of "Sweet and Salty" so these have become my favorites. My grandkids.. not so much. They like the plain old chocolate chip kind.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)