Friday, February 21, 2014

JUMPED THE GUN AGAIN!


Try as I may, I could not help myself.  I got up Friday morning, and the splashes of "red" in my kitchen didn't make me smile!! My heart said it's time for "YELLOW" so I jumped the gun, didn't wait till March but spent the day packing away the red, and washing, drying and arranging my kitchen into  Spring and Easter Yellow.



The calendar tells me it's still February, but the Sunflowers, yellow pie plate, and mixing bowl are awaiting the March calendar next week with Spring colors.



I have three tea kettles, Black, Red and Yellow.  They come out depending on what color theme I'm enjoying in the kitchen.



The corner window in the kitchen is back to my sunflowers (silk) but I think they look real.  I added my painted wooden Easter Bunnies that make me smile when I doing dishes.

My dearest, got up in the loft in the garage (hate to see him on a ladder) but I really wanted my Blue Spring Bedding so I can redo the bedroom tomorrow.  One fun thing with doing watercolors, is I can change out the frames with my watercolors that match the theme.  I put "Love comes Softly" in a matting and frame today to hang above the bed with the blue bedding.  (Pictures to follow when I get it all done.)  I found my old blue Priscilla Curtains so the sheers are not going up this year.

BTW my new header is from our back yard.  Love the doves.  Have a great weekend.

15 comments:

  1. I love the doves in your header photo. How bright and cheerful the yellow dishes are. I love the touches of spring/Easter, too. It is fun to change out décor with the seasons. Have fun and I Iook forward to more pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize how much work I did until I sat down tonight....and I'm pooped. But it's a good pooped feeling. A lot accomplished.

      Delete
  2. LOVE your yellow! Yellow is such a cheerful color and will make anyone smile :)

    Have a lovely weekend, Wanda. Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't yellow a happy color. I always look forward to Spring and Easter (my favorite holiday). Think I just might bake something with lemons tomorrow. HaHa (Yellow)

      Delete
  3. You change your house to match the seasons? Wow! I wish I had that much stuff to do that with. Fun!!! I guess for now I'll have to stick to changing up my little kitchen cabinet. You've given me an idea that Mr. H will not like at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, my "stuff" has been collected over many years and I have bins in the garage with each season. The challenge is to find the bin in our little but rather unorganized garage. Things tend to pile up in there.
      I'm not sure I want Mr. H unhappy with me!!! HaHa
      I'm curious about the "Idea".

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It sure is in California. And in my house now!! HaHa

      Delete
  5. We still have snow, with more to come, but spring will be here before we know it. I do not have enough time or energy to change my house colors with the seasons. It's all I can do to keep the crumbs off the floor. I do love your yellow dishes and spring touches though. I can hardly wait to bring in a vase of daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my plate was as full as yours, there would be no season changing here either. I almost feel guilty at times being retired and having time to do things. But then I remember, 4 kids, working outside the home, Pastor's wife, etc....and I say I put in my time...I'm going to enjoy what God has given me now. I love daffodils....(my maiden name was Dill) and I've been told I'm a little "daffy". HaHa. Love you Martha.

      Delete
  6. The yellow absolutely screams spring, love it. Right now I've got dark blues and violet, but I think it may be time to swap over to pinks and greens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I truly love pinks and greens. Today I'm going to bring out the blues and change our bedroom to "Girly Blue"...(I have a sweet husband who doesn't care what color he sleeps on..teehee.)

      Delete
  7. Your new header photo is beautiful! Hope that you enjoy your yellows and blues this weekend. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoyed breakfast with the yellow dishes, and just finished the "Blue Bedroom".... I'm a happy camper..Now relax and perhaps bake some cookies for Church tomorrow. Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  8. Haha, love that love getting yellow out this time of year especially.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)