Sunday, January 5, 2014
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
We enjoy enchiladas with white sauce and this is a very simple and tasty recipe. I'm going to include the recipe if you care to try it. It makes enough for us to have a couple meals out of it.
To complete the dinner, I added some re-fried beans and avocado slices.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
10 soft taco shells
2 Cups cooked, shredded chicken ( I used canned chicken breast from Costco)
2 Cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (I used Mex. blend)
3 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons flour
2 Cups chicken broth
1 Cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
WHAT YOU'LL DO
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chillies. Do not bring to a boil; you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 minutes and then under high broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese.
*I added some chopped cilantro for garnish.