Saturday, January 18, 2014

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY


My Thoughts for Sunday, remind me of the many years we served in the ministry, and I had a weekly article in our Church Newsletter.  Many of those came from my personal devotions in my Vineyard. (for any new readers ~ my Vineyard was a corner of my living room where I met with the Lord early each morning.  A verse in Song of Songs 7:12 talks about meeting the Lord early in the morning to receive His love so I called it my Vineyard.

In our little home now, I've found a little spot on the end of the couch in the morning sun.  You can have a "Vineyard" anywhere.

Do you ever feel like a tiny flower on a huge mountain side?  Is life sometimes overwhelming?  I too face these things and so we pray:

"O Lord, my strength amounts to nothing.  I am like a tiny flower planted on the side of a mountain, facing into treacherous winds.  But Your love fills me with the power to live as You did: to bloom like a rose among the thorns of human callousness, to shed petals of compassion though they may be crushed beneath the soul of human betrayal.  Your love draws my roots down deep into the soil of Who You are so that I can blossom with new life that is not my own, but Yours.  I love You.  Amen"

Do you have a "personal" spot where you spend time on your spiritual journey?

Taken from the Maranatha Worship Bible ~Song of Songs 2:1-2

19 comments:

  1. This is a lovely prayer from your Vineyard. I like to pray as I walk along the bay, so that is my moving Vineyard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra I love your "moving vineyard"...it's great that we can fellowship with the Lord anywhere, and how special along the bay. I would love that.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I do have a special place where I meet each morning with the Lord. I love the name for it and am saving your beautiful prayer.
    From my chair, I have a wide open view of the lake nearby and can see the dawning of the day and each night, the setting of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Nonnie..I love hearing about other's special places for fellowship and prayer with our Lord. Your "vineyard" sounds like a perfect spot. The dawning and the setting of sun...it has a melody.

      Delete
  3. It sure does. From the rising of the sun till its going down, the name of the Lord is to be praised. Psalm 113:3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post, Wanda. I have "my" special chair in front of the window overlooking our woods. That is my special place of fellowship and prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mildred, it just does my heart good to hear where all of my blogger friends have their special "SPOT" for worship, fellowship and prayer.
      This gives us all a stronger bond together.

      Delete
  5. The corner of my sofa has always been my spot and the Lord is always waiting for me. It was the red sofa at home before I married. It was in the Living Room (I don't have a LR now. Only a den) Yes, I've found my "vineyard" can be anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You tweaked a memory with the mention of a red couch. We had a red couch growing up. It's true a vineyard can be anywhere. He is always waiting for us, isn't He. He's faithful when I am not. I love Him for that.

      Delete
  6. I had some special quiet time with the Lord this afternoon in a nature area behind Amber's house. It was very special. Normally we have our devotions in the den in front of the fireplace in the winter and in the gazebo in the spring and fall,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, isn't it great that we can have that special time anywhere. I saw your lovely place in your post. It couldn't have been better.

      Delete
  7. This is a good reminder for all of us to start the week right. I love praying anywhere and often mumble a heartfelt thank you when I am able to do a difficult task as well as when my efforts are appreciated. I love this entry Ms Wanda. God bless you and this is truly inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing this to us. and your post is a good reminder to all of us.
    spiritual thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. My special place is my car on my way to and from work. I turn on HOPE-fm and am filled with scripture and worship songs. It begins my day just perfectly. You can worship God anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy that is a great place to worship. Your own little moving sanctuary. It's been so fun to hear where all of you have your personal "vineyard".

      Delete
  10. I don't have a specifica place, per se, but I would say my personal "spot" is whenever I take a moment out and jsut sit tehre at home to enjoy adn soak that perfect cuppa. I let the steam warm my face, the cup warming my hands, my nostrils filled with the aroma of black tea, and tastebuds tempted with the promise of something sweet and smooth. It's very centering. I am just happy and fulfilled in that moment.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)