Saturday, January 4, 2014

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY

MISSIONS AND WATERCOLORS


Over the years one of my passions in painting watercolors was "Missions."  Finding pictures of children in Mission magazines, brochures or calendars were always where I found my subjects.

The little boy in the first painting is thrilled to have some running water.  Fresh water is one of the first things missionaries try to bring to the people they are ministering too.  Fresh water to some is a real luxury.


This is my favorite of my Mission paintings.  The picture from a Wycliffe Bible Translators calendar.  Thinking of my word "giving" for 2014, missionaries give so much.  And many have even given their lives to share the precious Word of God.  That is what this picture is all about...Sharing God plan of Salvation with someone who has never heard.


I fell in love with these two little girls that were on a Samaritan's Purse Brochure for Operation Shoe Box several years ago.  I'm not sure how I captured the expressions, but these little girls have spoken to my heart and cause me to give and pray for missions.

I love that my watercolors, something I love to do, can express the deep love I have for my Lord and Savior and for the all the Children of the World.

Have a blessed Sunday ~ May God richly bless us this week as we count our many blessings...as we name them one by one.

19 comments:

  1. Wanda, your art is breathtakingly beautiful! I can tell you paint to the glory of God! Thank you SO much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda. Words from you and Laurie means so much as you are both wonderful artists and understand my heart.

      Delete
  2. wanda you are such a beautiful person, inside and out and your water colors are truly beautiful, each and everyone a treasure,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie...those of us that have been bless to use paint, brush and paper are truly connected, aren't we. You and Linda (above) both have blessed my heart with your painting too.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love all of three of them. Beautiful! Missionaries certainly do know the meaning of giving...they are so inspirational. Some of their stories stick with you through life, too, and remind us that miracles still happen and that God is in control! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to get myself inspired to get my paints out and paint more this year. Looking at ones I've done in the past usually gets me wanting to paint again. I loved CT, but now I long to take my time and doing something with a little more thought. Know what I mean?

      Delete
  4. Very touching and moving watercolors. Thankful for those who serve as missionaries around the world.
    God bless your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes Missionaries play such a big role in spreading the Gospel.

      Delete
  5. You do such beautiful work, Wanda. Your love shines through. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great watercolors! I love the little girls too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how some painting really do seem to come to life.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful paintings, Wanda. I've often thought of doing these kind of paintings, there are so many of them in the missions magazines we receive, but I don't think I could do as well as you do. I've been doing birds lately. We have three sources of water in our kitchen -- the regular kitchen faucet, the filtered water faucet and a jug of Brita filtered water in the fridge. We are so spoiled and never think twice about getting a glass of water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, you should give it a try. I think you would be surprise how well you could do people if you were working from a picture.

      We are spoiled about water, aren't we?

      Delete
  8. I'm so impressed with your paintings! They're gorgeous. I was not blessed with that kind of talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly...everyone has talent..just not the same. I'm blessed to be able to express myself with paint and brush.

      Delete
  9. I love your watercolors and the big eyes of the young boy in the top, almost like he's in a daze just enjoying the taste of fresh water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was only a picture in a brochure...but I feel like he my own. I love his eyes too.

      Delete
  10. Wow! Your paintings are gorgeous! Especially the last one, with the shading of their skin. Fantastic. Wishing you a happy, healthy new year. Tammy

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)