Monday, January 20, 2014

Thank the Lord for Taste Buds!


Today lunch and dinner just tickled my taste buds.  Lunch was Roast Beef Sandwich with tomato, avocado, lettuce and Swiss cheese on 7 grain bread.  A few pretzels and a fresh strawberry.


The strawberries are from Costco, and they are big and sweet and juicy!

 
Today we were busy cleaning and re-arranging the garage so I made an oven dinner.  So easy and so good.  Tilapia fish, sweet potato slices, asparagus and sweet onions.  Coated them all in a plastic bag with my rosemary fused olive oil and salt and pepper and placed them on a cookie sheet, bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.

The end result, a delicious and healthy dinner.  Dishes are done, some decaf coffee is brewing and I'm going to get comfortable, relax and watch a little TV.  Then sweet dreams....sigh***

13 comments:

  1. You are a woman after my own heart, Wanda...
    That looks sooooo good!
    Greet job!
    Your hubby is a lucky man♥️
    Enjoy your evening...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you, Linda, I'm delighted as I drool over your daily menu's and sometime just have to copy you it sounds so good. My hubby is so very good about telling me how good it looks and tastes. I pretty lucky too.

      Delete
  2. Oh, both meals look delicious, Wanda. John's favorite veg is asparagus. Enjoy your coffee and sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of our favorites too. I get tickled because my husband just calls them "spears".

      Delete
  3. Yum...you have some of my favorites there! I love oven dinners....every time I make one I think I should do it more often! All in one pan...even clean up is easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Betsy. The clean up was two plates, one cookie sheet. Not bad for a full meal!!

      Delete
  4. LOVE that oven dinner, Wanda!! I've been inspired for tonight! xoxo ~ t.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I use red potatoes and add bell pepper strips.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I am going to do that this week. It looks so very good! And so easy all on one pan. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that one pan is the key. Maximum taste, minimum clean up. My kind of meal. HaHa

      Delete
  6. Well aren't you clever to bake everything together like that on one pan in the oven! It doesn't get any easier than that. That meal looks very good and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa...clever or lazy.... maybe both. It is sure easy. Sometimes I use red potatoes and slices of zucchini.

      Delete
  7. Wanda, your food photos always look like they belong in a magazine. Presentation is always so delicious looking.
    You make me hungry just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)