Saturday, January 4, 2014

SATURDAY MORNING ~ THIS AND THAT


This beautiful stained glass window was the back drop for our 24 hour prayer vigil at our Church yesterday.  It was a very meaningful time knowing that different members of the church would be praying non stop for 24 hours. During my time slot, I did pray for all my wonderful blog friends.




Since I have left splashes of red in the house after taking down the Christmas decoration, I was glad Trader Joe's had a bouquet of fresh flowers that were red.  Looks very nice on the coffee table.



I always have my eyes open for little glass jars now that I'm hooked on making the fused rosemary salt and olive oil.  These will work out perfectly.  (Thrift store...50 cents each)



I have two friends that have supplied me with rosemary, but when I saw these little pots of rosemary and cilantro at Trader Joe's I decided I'd grown some of my own.



Last week I shared a post about my mom's clothesline and many of you left wonderful comments about your own experiences.  One mentioned a bag that hung on the clothesline for your clothespins.  I don't have a clothesline, but a dear cousin made me this adorable clothespin bag which hangs in my laundry room just to look "Cute" and the red goes with the reds in my kitchen. (As I remember, my mom's bag was heavy canvas on a hook.)

So that's my This and That for Saturday morning.  I'm going to bake a batch of cookies to take to Church tomorrow, and then kick back and enjoy the day.   What about you?

PS... I really relate to the Mother Goose today....HaHa

12 comments:

  1. I love to grow herbs and I find even in the aparment they grow well, oh I remember the clthes pin bags i still have one,, mine is in the shape of a little sac with a hole, not lovely like yours, lol, making pizza, walking in the cold air, thats my afternoon,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before skirt hangers, we used a wire hanger and two clothes pins to hang our skirts. My mom's bag of pins hung in the kitchen. Used them for more than clothes. Pizza sounds good..I'm making enchiladas tonight.

      Delete
  2. Clothespins =clothes pegs in the UK. Ours is a home made crocheted one. Try making rosemary bread Wanda, its good. Just add rosemary to a "normal" bread recipe. Today was a baking day, I made a carrot cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave are the pegs made without the spring like our clothes pins? And thank you for the tip about rosemary bread. I will be sure to try that soon. I'll take a piece of carrot cake and a cup of tea, if you don't mind. Have a great day Dave. I love to see a man in the kitchen baking!!

      Delete
  3. I would love a clothes line! I remember my Granny's clothespin bag! While I do not have warm and fuzzy memories about my Granny - I do have this ONE!
    So glad you like the rosemary infused olive oil. It was a hit this year! Would you believe I kept only a very small bottle for myself and half a jar of the salt? However, I have a whole GALLON of olive oil I didn;t use and of course I still have my huge rosemary bushes for I can always make more. I bought my rosemary plants for $1.99 and they have grwon and grown over the years. I planted them between my row of rose bushes with haneysuckle and lantana behind them - and mint growing wild in between! My front porch usually smells very nice!! I'm getting Christmas down room by room. The house is already feeling a bit 'empty.'
    Happy Saturday, dear friend!! Enjoy church tomorrow. We will not go until next week. LD still sick and I still have a nasty cough. Thank you for praying for all of us bloggers. I think we have a great group of 'friends!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, unfortunately I don't have warm fuzzy memories of my Grandma on my Dad's side. She was a very large woman, and had a very stern face. Both my grandma died when I was young.
      I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed making and giving the salt and oil. I need to buy a larger bottle of olive oil ~ I did save some for myself, and use it all the time.
      I'm excited to get my rosemary planted outside and what it grow.
      Still praying that you and DL will soon be completely over the bug. We do have a wonderful group of blogger don't we?

      Delete
  4. Your new bouquet of flowers would be pretty in that posey ring pottery piece!
    That is a very cute/unique clothespin holder!
    I am very thankful for the prayers of blog friends. Blog friendships are a blessing from God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure would look nice in that pottery piece.

      I've mention in several replies...having blog friends that care and pray is truly a blessing.

      Delete
  5. We are just beginning to thaw out a little here in upstate NY. Going to be just about 32º F here tomorrow too and then we will be plunged back into the deep freeze again on Tuesday.

    I love your clothes pin bag. I made my own a few years back. It does the job but isn't near as cute as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see the news and I get the chills just seeing what you are living with in NY. I said to my dearest today as we were driving to the store..look at this sunshine..It's hard to believe there is part of the world that is freezing.

      Delete
    2. I thought that same thing when we flew to CA for my FIL's funeral four years ago. It was beautiful in Fairfield in mid February.

      Delete
    3. I so want you to come to CA again!!! And have time to see me.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)