Monday, January 13, 2014

MONDAY, HERE AND THERE, THIS AND THAT

Oops! I hope the Lord got a chuckle from my mistake Sunday morning on the way to Church.  I needed to call our daughter, so had my cell phone in my hand, and was thinking out my call when Don said "Honey, pray for the day and a safe journey to Church".  So I said a simple prayer, asking the Lord for a good day to worship Him and a safe journey there and without thinking ended it by saying "Talk to You later, Bye."  Don looked at me, I realized what I said, and we both cracked up.  In all the years I've been praying I've never said that!!! Silly cell phone!!


Mr. Boddy's office in the Boddy House

Boddy House is the original 22-room house built by E. Manchester Boddy, publisher and owner of the former Los Angeles Daily News, and designed by James E. Dolena in the Hollywood Regency style in 1937. Boddy originally owned the property on which the Descano Garedens is now situated. In 1953, Boddy sold his estate—including his house—to Los Angeles County. At the same time, a vigorous volunteer group sprang up to lend assistance and support. Known as the Descanso Gardens Guild, this nonprofit volunteer group led many of the improvements that subsequently have shaped today’s Descanso Gardens.

When Jon and I visited Desconso Gardens, he took this picture of the typewriter on the desk of Mr. Boddy.  Can you believe this is the typewriter that he typed his articles for the Los Angles Daily News.  We've come a long way...



Dinner at The Olive Garden was a treat for a "Date Night" Sunday evening.  It was very crowded, and parking impossible ~ but then a little blessing from the Lord ~ a park opened up very close to the restaurant, and the 45 minute wait, turned out to be 10 when a small booth opened up.  The food was delicious.  I had the Herb crusted Salmon.


My dearest chose the Chicken Marsala on Angel Hair Pasta.  We each brought home half for dinner tonight. The bread sticks with oil and vinegar dip, and the salad made for a perfect date and meal.  The best part, we used two gift cards so the dinner was a gift too.  A very good weekend.

18 comments:

  1. That is hilarious!!!! My oldest daughter, Summer, was once speaking into a microphone - I think she was practicing a speech or something - and she finished she said, "In Jesus' name, amen!!" SO funny!! Then once a family member was handed a microphone and instead of saying what he was supposed to started off, "Dear heavenly Father!" You gotta love us church goers!!!
    Your date sounds lovely!!! TWO meals - win! WIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh us church goers have a million stories, don't we. Love the stories you shared. So funny.
      It was a good weekend.

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love your "talking" with the Lord.
    Works for me...(:0)
    Don't you just love gift cards?
    It sounds like you had a wonderful date last night.
    We went to Steve's house for a crab feed.
    Yummy. Steve, myself and a friend had such a delicious, messy meal. The others aren't crab fans so they ate homemade soup , salad and bread. I think there is a photo someplace on FB.
    Have a wonderful rest of the day.
    Keep Dave in prayer. His vertigo seems to be doing its thing again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we should think that way about talking to the Lord like a good friend. I did see your crab feed...I would have joined the messy group.
      Will sure be remembering Dave in our prayers.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely date night. And that was cute, telling him you'll talk with him later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't go out too often, and this was a really nice treat, especially with the gift cards.

      Delete
  4. oh my gosh that is so cute, I'm sure God appreciates your hip and savvy ways!!!! Lovely dinner!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny...it happened so innocently...I thought my blog friends would get a chuckle from my Oops!

      Delete
  5. We all have our funny moments with cell phones, I think. Sometimes I don't see someone holding their phone, I just hear, "How are you?" and I answer. So embarrassing !!

    Your Sunday sounded perfect, I love when things work out that way. :Love Olive Garden, I'm due for a dinner there.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember when my kids were little, and if anyone said "Mom" in a store...I would answer. It was a perfect Sunday, and we just finished the leftovers and they were just as good!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing your oops moment. We all have them. Your meal was really a treat and makes me hungry~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really fun night. We don't eat out very often and this was a treat.

      Delete
  7. Glad you had a great "date" night!
    Ahhhhh...lovely leftovers!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun...We need to do it more often.

      Delete
  8. I love your prayer story and I'm sure the Lord got a chuckle out of it. I think He often smiles down on His children. I've never ended a prayer that way either, but I've done plenty of other silly things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it was short and sweet...I fear I ramble on and on in prayer journals, but that's my spiritual therapy. I'm sure we could both write a book on our "silly things".

      Delete
  9. I think the Lord got a chuckle out of that, too. ;) Nice when date night is so wonderful AND a gift! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really one of those "special occasions" without it being a special occasion. It was a "gift".

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)