Thursday, January 2, 2014

KITTY FOUND A HOME


When I was shopping the other day, I saw this little Calico kitten. I picked it up it was the softest little stuffed toy and I knew immediately it needed a home and I had the perfect place. 


As I've mentioned before Elizabeth had to leave her cat behind when she moved to the assisted living facility, and she love her cat and missed it.  Today I told Elizabeth this was the best kind of cat to have.  She can love and hold it as much as she wants.  It doesn't shed, and no litter box.  You can see she was delighted.

She reminded me of a poem called "The Duel"
Here is the first verse:

The Gingham dog and the Calico cat
Side by side on the table sat;
(what do you think!)
Nor one nor t' other had slept a wink!
The old Dutch clock and the Chinese plate
Appeared to know as sure as fate
(I wasn't there; I simply state
What was told to me by the Chinese plate!)

This was my opportunity to live my new motto and it was fun!

To see the entire poem just google  The Duel

16 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so cute! I'm sure she loved it! You're never too old for a stuffed animal! How very sweet...and yes, that is a wonderful start to your word of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you notice in the top picture...the kitty is sitting on my bed in front of my "bunny and teddy"..I still love stuffed animals too.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I can't even imagine how Elizabeth felt to part with her precious kitty. What a sweet thing you did, Wanda...the kitty is so cute!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard, but I think she's getting use to it now. I think her cat calendar, and this kitty will be a blessing to her.

      Delete
  3. I don't know what I would do without my kitties. That was such a nice thing to do for Elizabeth. I'm sure she appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had cats in the past, and I always enjoyed them, and love seeing a cat on a patch of sunshine on the bed or floor. Now in retirement, one little dog is enough.

      Delete
  4. That was such a special and thoughtful gift for Elizabeth.
    Love that poem, I haven't heard it in far too many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This dear woman, Sue..is filling a hole in my heart, from missing my own mom so. We are becoming very close.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Tanna, you would like Elizabeth..She so sharp and funny at 97.

      Delete
  6. How very kind of you, I would be heartbroken without my Kitty. Guess when I get really old I'll have to find a place to take in me and my cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand completely. We had to give away two cats before we retired and move to So. CA. I do know they have places you can take your cat if you ever had to be in assisted living.

      Delete
  7. You are such a blessing to her. She looks lovely and happy holding her new calico. God bless you in the new year. Mildred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was very thrilled with the new pet.

      Delete
  8. I did google, I like that one about the cat and the pup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too, but it was a bit long to put here, and I wasn't sure if anyone would look it up. Glad you did..I love old Nursery Rhymes and poems.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)