Wednesday, January 1, 2014

AJAX ~ JUST A LITTLE SAMPLE BOX

Some memories are just burned in our hearts, and they become milestones of Faith.  This is one of mine.

It was 1963 and I had two little girls still in diapers.  (The cloth type ~ no disposable ones) We were young and struggling from paycheck to paycheck (which were small) and it was a few days before payday, and I was completely out of soap.  A pile of dirty diapers in the pail and only two clean ones left.

I remember that feeling of helplessness as I fell to my knees in the bedroom and cried out to the Lord something like this:

"Lord, I got two little girls that need clean diapers and I don't have any money or any soap....Either you need to keep them from peeing or send me some soap"

I got up, and thought I heard someone at the door.  When I got there, no one in sight...and then I saw it ~ A small sample box of Ajax soap in a plastic bag hanging on my door knob.  I'm aware that everyone in my neighborhood got a sample that day, but I also know that the Lord heard the cry of a desperate mom.  My faith was increased by leaps and bounds, and I'm sure many of you have your own milestone stories.

There is a verse that tells us to remind our children when they walk, when they sleep, when they eat of the things God has done for us.  Our kids know this story and many others in our Hall of Faith Milestones.

God is good all the time, and then some!

Image from googleimages.com 

15 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love that story! Every once in a while we get an answer to prayer so quickly and so direct that it makes our jaw drop and then we smile and thank God and yes, our faith grows. What a neat story! I remember Ajax, too. Do they even make it any more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I googled Ajax...there is liquid soap, but nothing in a box, so I had to google sample Ajax in a box to get the picture...and that's just how it looked.

      Delete
  2. Lovely story,Wanda....
    I too had 3 kiddies in cloth diapers!
    Thank God for pampers! Ha!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you can relate...HaHa. Yeah for pampers. By the time our 4th came along we had disposal diapers...what a blessing!

      Delete
  3. I've had moments like that too. Sometimes God comes through with an answer so fast and so deliberate it knocks your socks off and leaves you with your mouth hanging open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should probably start a new journal called: "Mouth Hanging Open" HaHa.. I could fill it with our Faith Journey.

      Delete
  4. That's wonderful! Praying does work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen. Amen. And, amen, Wanda! Thank you for sharing this moment of faith in your life. blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanna, don't you know everyone of us has these "Faith Moments" that are the cornerstone of our life and practice.

      Delete
  6. That's pretty amazing What were the odds of that happening?! I guess your kids are around my age. I was born in 1964! You know, I don't see many samples in the mail much anymore. Guess the economy has changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Kelly ~ you could be one of mine, as I didn't have a baby in 1964, but had one in 62, 63, 65, and 70. No more free samples on the door knob, I'm afraid. Hard times, but good times too.

      Delete
  7. I think I must start my own Hall of Faith Milestones journal.
    That verse is such an important tool.
    Thanks for using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have taken time to look up the "address"...I am better at remembering verses, but not where their hound..OT for sure.
      Off to see Elizabeth! Catch you later!

      Delete
    2. HaHa To big of hurry...couldn't even spell "found".

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)