Friday, January 10, 2014

A MOST EXCELLENT SHOT


Our grandson, Jon (going to be 13 in February) took my little Cannon Power Shot and got this magnificent picture.  We took a walk through Descanso Gardens, and  this time of year, very few flowers or colors.  As we were walking up a path I spotted this one Camellia on a bush, off the path in the dark except for a ray of sun that was hitting it.  Jon took the camera, and when I downloaded the pictures, I was amazed at this one.

All the other kids are back in school, but his doesn't start back up til next week, so he spent the night, we baked cookies, watched a movie, ate popcorn, and then today had a trip to the Thrift Store, Dollar Store and Desconso Gardens.  It was a VERY good day!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time together! Jon's photo is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning shot of a beautiful flower. Looks like Jon has an artistic eye too.

    I hope my grandchildren still love me by the time they turn thirteen. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great companion! And photographer, too!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, doesn't that just make you want to whip out your watercolors!!?? Gorgeous photo... perfect subject. ;)

    Glad you are back to your dishcloths, Wanda. I just read a blog that make me want to do facecloths... she made them sound like such a wonderful indulgence. =) Soon, maybe, soon. blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a great day, what a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such memory making times with your grandson.
    Jon did a fantastic job on the camellia.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grandson is the same age as my youngest son! Except mine won't turn 13 until May. He took a great picture! You may have a budding photographer on your hands. Sounds like y'all had a great day together. My son doesn't like to go shopping with me. He gets bored. Wish he would though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You both must have enjoyed each other's company and the many activities you did together. He did a great job by capturing such beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That does sound like a most excellent day! Great photo! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shot......gotta love those flowers,eh?
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)