Thursday, December 19, 2013

TYING UP LOOSE ENDS

 


Today I spent the day tying up loose ends.  And at the end of a very eventful day, I came home and made White Chicken Enchiladas and they were so good.  Just what we needed on a cold rainy night.

 
When I left at 11:00 AM it was overcast, but not raining.  My first stop was Costco for gas, and a couple more movie tickets for the grandkids.  Before I reached Costco it came a DOWN POUR, and so much so my windshield wipers would hardly work.  Seeing ahead on the freeway with the big trucks splashing up water was rather scary.  I was able to finish the Christmas shopping and visit Elizabeth.  She loved her cat calendar that I ordered from Betsy.  She misses her cat she had to leave behind when she moved into the Nursing Home.  This evening after fixing dinner, the sky was filled with beautiful pastel colors. 
 

 
A batch of Oatmeal~Granola~Chocolate Chip cookies are in the cookie jar and a box ready to mail to our friend in Texas along with a loaf of Persimmon Bread and some candied walnuts.  Another loose end tied up!

 
And just for a chuckle...When I opened this loaf of bread, I said "It must be Golfer's Bread ~ see it's a hole in one!!!!  HaHa..I know it's a groaner...but just trying to tie up this post and bring it to and end!

8 comments:

  1. sounds like a good day and a great joke too!!!I've never had an enchilada, isn't that sad, lol, I think I should try and make them, they sound very good!I'm trade you two feet of snow for some rain, please?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two feet of snow....that's cold. I think you would like the enchiladas. Easy recipe 30 minutes max.

      Delete
  2. You make me smile, Wanda.
    Love all the loose ends you finished and love your golfer bread...
    Didn't know it was raining down South. Glad that it didn't happen while we were there or driving home.
    We sure need the rain here. They are talking drought for us.
    I'm going to try a few recipes tomorrow for some little gifts. Today is full of Church responsibilities.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Know you are one of Santa's elves getting so much done, and especially for your church. I've tried a few new recipes this year too. Thoughts of you and Dave all the time. Sending hugs.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if it was too "silly" to put on but you know me...I love a good laugh.

      Delete
  4. haha...golfer's bread. I'll have to remember that one! :)

    Sounds like you're checking things off your to do list! I did the last of my shopping today. Now I need to bake some things this weekend...that's the fun part! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got the last box in the mail today. The only thing left in my Mom's English Toffee. Did all the preliminaries today, and will make it tomorrow.
      I'm feeling ahead of the game, and that's a nice feeling.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)