Saturday, December 28, 2013

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY


The devotion in our Daily Bread  Saturday morning had a quote I couldn't get out of my mind and decided to share the thought with you and see what you think.

 "Jesus takes me just as I am and makes me just as I should be."


The author of the devotion shared the food before prepared and presented is nothing like the finished product.  Most of us see this every day without turning it into a lesson.  In the top picture the raw chicken and vegetables doesn't make our mouth water, or our nose smell a wonderful aroma.  But with the master hands of the cook, what was not appetizing before, becomes a masterpiece to the eye, nose and taste.

*"It reminds me of the gracious work Jesus has done for me.  I am well aware of my frailty and propensity to sin.  I know that in and of myself I am not presentable to God.  Yet when I'm saved, Jesus takes me just as I am and makes me just as I should be ~~holy, and blameless, and above reproach (Col. 1:22).  He presents me to our Father as a thing of beauty and worthy to be in His presence."

Doesn't this just speak to your heart?  I want to say Thank You Jesus for making me presentable and lovely before the Father.

*Taken from Our Daily Bread 12/28/13
Images from googleimages.com

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that. :)

    A bit of trivia for you about Our Daily Bread. Remember Richard DeHaan? He was my late father-in-laws college roommate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a WOW! I'm quoting Don! HaHa. Yes we remember him. Great man. I love that kind of trivia. So many ways we connect even though there are millions of people in this World.

      Delete
    2. Isn't that neat? My FIL was a "wow" kind of man, too.. he was my pastor for many years...married us. I miss him. :)

      Delete
    3. Oh how special. I love that your FIL married you. Don has married three of our four. Julie eloped. I also love that he has dedicated and baptized grandchilden over the years.

      Delete
    4. I love your conversation here. :)

      Delete
    5. Martha, it felt like we were chatting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee...I love that.

      Delete
  2. so beautiful and so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved that thought. When I was reading your post about the laundry hanging outside, I was taken back to my mother's love of hanging her clothes outside. I'm going to post about it soon.

      Delete
  3. Wanda...very inspiring. I know I sat here one day in my office...trying to imagine how God loves us and seeing if I could feel that same sort of love for myself as He does for me. I was having a very difficult time "feeling" the same level..and so I then tried to think of the love I feel for my own son, Noah....and how I see him and am filled to overflowing with unconditional love for ....and suddenly it all clicked. I find faults with myself all the time these days as I have gained a huge amount of weight..cut off all my hair...and just have not felt the best physically recently....but even in all my perceived brokenness....HE sees me as whole and beautiful....and for the first time in my life I think I felt, at least for that moment, something very close to the amount of love God feels for me. It was very humbling and I know I sat there crying for a while. Even though I do not carry this same feeling with me on a day-to-day basis like I should...I can get that same feeling again....if I imagine myself as a child...HIS child

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melinda ~ What a testimony of your faith. How we see ourselves, how others see us, we get tangled up in that, but you've found the answer...it's how God looks at us, and through His Son....we are valued and presented beautiful. Love you Melinda...and know the struggles you have and I'm inspired by your testimony.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)