Tuesday, December 17, 2013

ROSEMARY SALT AND OIL

 
The first thing on my list today was to try the fused rosemary kosher salt and olive oil from the recipe "Linda's Life Journal" posted a week or so ago.  It looked so cute in her bottles, I decided to give it a try as little gifts to add to my goodies baskets.
 
My oil turned out darker than Linda's and I not sure if it was the kind I used, or if I didn't follow the instructions just right.  I used the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Trader Joes.
 
I'm going to try some of the salt on my Tilapia fish tonight.  Probably should try it before giving it away...you think??
 
Going to use the oil in my salad dressing and see how that works ~  results to follow...
 
Busy days from now to Christmas!  Going to mail out the final bunch of Christmas letters today and I was noticing fingerprints on every door and facing...guess that better be on my list too.
 
Started a John Grisham novel a couple days ago, (Sycamore Row)and just can't lay it down....Love those court room dramas. It was really getting in the way of my list...so I solved that ~added some reading time to my list!
 
Now I'm off to have a cup of coffee, a piece of my persimmon bread and READ a while!!
 
What are you doing today?
 

10 comments:

  1. I have three books I need to read. All are Tom Clancy books. He was one of my favorite writers. Tonight may be a Christmas concert at the high school performing arts center. I havent made up my mind yet. If no concert, I'll start one of the books, maybe sit outside while the sun goes down, its 65 degrees here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been very warm here ~ in the 80's I sat outside in the porch swing and read for a hour...so nice. A lot of my blog friends are knee deep in snow. It's beautiful, but COLD. I like CA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 65º? 80º? We've been down into the teens and those windchills have been downright bitter! But, that makes having a wood stove cozy and staying inside okay. Guess I'd miss the snow if I moved someplace warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wood stoves ~ My brother has one...something very warm and cozy. I think you would miss the beauty of your snow.

      Delete
    2. James says it was -4º at the Rochester airport this morning. Brrr!

      Delete
  4. Hope you roil turns out for you, Wanda!
    I had tea with a friend...baked 2 loaves and have pea soup in my slow cooker...
    80!!!! You are spoiled♥
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pea soup sounds good...Haven't made it in years. I know I'm spoiled...but I do love warm weather.

      Delete
  5. Have to finish my Christmas cards and doing some laundry. Should be sweeping and running a dust mop, but both those chores just about kill my lower back. Arthritis doctor said I have something he called Polymyalgia Rheumatic, this is the third medicine I'm on, trying to find something that works but does not upset my system. One worked but really upset my intestinal tract, another seemed to work, but made my breathing worse, so now he has be on Cymbalta and Prednisone, I think it seems to help some days, but other days I can hardly walk around with out holding on to something. That's why I won't shop where they don't have carts. Sounds like you're almost all ready for Christmas. I think this year, we will draw names, we've done it before, but this year it slipped past us. Merry Christmas Wanda and Don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, you are my hero. You take care of everyone in your family, and they should be taking care of you. I know it's what keeps you going because you have a heart of gold and a loving and caring spirit. You are an encourager and I think your example is what the Christmas Spirit is about. Love you.

      Delete
  6. Busy days for everyone. We are awaiting the arrival of our youngest son who is driving down from Boise in a large but beautiful motor home. They're dodging the weather and sort of making up their route as they drive. We hope to see them here safely by Saturday. Merry Christmas Wanda and Don and a very blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)