Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Persimmons ~ The Process


 
 I was surprised how many of you have never tasted a Persimmon.  I don't know if they grow other places than California.  But This is the process I do to end up with delicious Persimmon Bread.  I peel them as the skin is rather tough.  They have the consistency of a crisp apple to I cut them in pieces and use my food processor.

 
The persimmon pulp is a beautiful orange.
 
 
I use my buttermilk banana bread recipe, and substitute the persimmon pulp instead of the mashed bananas.

If you still doubt if you would like it, stop my kitchen this weekend and we'll have a slice or two with some hot coffee.

11 comments:

  1. Better start driving now! ha. :)

    looks wonderful. I'll have to look for them at the grocery! That's like Gloria talking about quince. I can't find them here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, did you know seeing you and Betsy in person is on my Bucket List.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This morning a made a batch of muffins ~ They turned out good too, and easy to free and take out a few at a time.

      Delete
    2. I guess you know I meant "freeze"! HaHa

      Delete
  3. Yummmmmmmmmm
    Wish I could stop and have a bite with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a perfect day, if you stopped by!

      Delete
  4. That bread looks very good. I will have to look for persimmons in the supermarket. I've never seen them here in PA, but I'll keep my eyes open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you find them. I was wondering if they were a CA fruit.

      Delete
  5. If I was closer, I would stop by. I'm going to need to find someone local that makes it.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)