Thursday, December 12, 2013

MY MIRACLE BROTHER



This is my little brother Hal, 10 years younger than me.  Today he posted the following on facebook and I wanted you to hear his story in his words. 

"Forty six years ago today, my father lost his two year battle with cancer. I was a sophomore at THS, sixteen years old. The Christmas of 1967 is just a blur. One of my goals was to live longer than my Dad, he was a young fifty-eight when he passed. I wasn't sure last year if I would make it. I was told I had beginning stage four Appendix cancer a very rare form. After a year of heavy I.V. chemo I am cancer free, and just take a chemo pill now, and I'm almost sixty-three.
Both of my folks are gone now, Thanks to my awesome doctors and nurses, my lovely Wife of thirty one years, both my sisters, Wanda Slaven and Donna Hedstrom, and all my friends. This is by far the greatest Christmas yet. Thank you Creator."

 
This is my sister Donna, Hal after his diagnosis and weight loss and me.  Just the three of us separated by a lot of years, but as adults we have become so very close.  I thought his story was worth sharing with my blogging friends as so many of you have your own journey with cancer.
 
God is GOOD, every day, and then some!!!!
 

7 comments:

  1. Yes, God is good! Thank you for sharing this story. I am also a cancer survivor (6 years) and I hope to be 63 and still cancer free. This brought a tear to my eye. So glad you are all close. Having close family means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, thanks for sharing. April 2014 I will be a 5 year cancer survivor. I was diagnose at 68. We have a lot of history in our family. Some were not as fortunate as my brother and me.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story Wanda. Hall is very blessed to have such strong and believing supporters in his life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The love of family goes a long way in the healing process. I'm so glad he is doing so well and I love the picture of you 3.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)