Tuesday, December 31, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014

A New Year ~ I've given it some serious thought, and have decided on some things I want to focus on.  In 2011 and 2012 I read through the Bible with the "One Year Bible".  

Last year I chose a different method of reading the Bible which didn't include reading it through, but taking books in the Bible and using John Mac Arthur's Study Bible, reading the scriptures and all his study notes (which are a LOT) and taking my own notes and observations.  It was a very good study.

This year our Church is encouraging everyone to use the One Year Bible and read through it as a congregation.  It's a wonderful way to read the Bible as each day (about 15-20 minutes) you read from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs so I will be using the One Year Bible again this year.

Last year I also competed by 1000 gift journal and that was such a daily blessing and made me intentionally grateful by listing my blessings.  This year I will begin a new prayer journal for 2014.

My motto for 2013 was "I choose Joy" and I have to say, there were times it was difficult, but I tried to always choose Joy.  

This year my motto will be "I choose to give" and I'm going to look for ways that I can give.  Perhaps not so much money, but a smile, my time, more cookies, more visiting, sending more cards, more phone calls to my kids, more texting to my grandkids.  I want 2014 to be my year of "giving from my heart".

PS ~ Today I found a Mother Goose book at the thrift store that has a poem or story for every day of the year.  Some are short and make me smile so I'm adding a smile a day from Mother Goose to the top of my sidebar.  Be sure and check it out.

What are some of your goals and plays for 2014? 

14 comments:

  1. I like your motto for 2014 and that will be a blessing to many people around you, and to you too. I am thinking of a word to guide me in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like choosing a verse, or a word or phase to be a guide and reminder for a year. Let me know what you decide on. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  2. I think the One year Bible sounds wonderful, so does the Mother Goose, you already are a giving person, we should all take your lead,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'll never grow up, as I love children's book, and Nursery Rhymes. I'm going to stay a kid for 2014.

      Delete
  3. You have such a giving heart, Wanda. I can only imagine the lives that will be blessed when you choose that as your focus for 2014. Wow! I have added a devotional that Joyce Meyer has for my 2014 daily dose. I may check out the Bible in one year, too. Thank you so much for your ever inspiring presence. blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A daily dose of devotion is my kind of medicine. Don and I have been reading the Daily Bread together each morning at breakfast. For years we have had our own devotion time...I like this one at the table together.

      Delete
  4. Happy 2014 from KC Wanda! This year I will try to stretch a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on doing some stretching too...especially mentally and physically at the Y.

      Delete
  5. I don't make New Year resolutions. (I might make resolutions every now and then, but that can happen at any time...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that a resolution, or desire can happen anytime. Those are the best kind.

      Delete
  6. We're on the same line of thinking this year with the giving! Love that....and I think, just as the Bible says, that we will be the ones blessed with our giving!

    I noticed your sidebar right away...gave me a good chuckle! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think we are in for the blessings. I couldn't lay down Mother Goose last night, so many things I immediately remembered as a child that I hadn't heard in years.

      Delete
  7. You have touched on some spots in my own life that are sorely lacking.
    I feel I need to be giving more and not just on my terms. I know I need to be in touch more with one set of Grandkids. Thanks for the "poke". Why does "stuff" always seem to get in the way. Please pray with me for my attitude. (:0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue...just for the record ~ you are one of the most GIVING people I've ever known...you and Dave both. But I do know what you are saying on a personal level with the grandkids...that's my goal too.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)