Thursday, December 5, 2013

BUSY, BUSY DAY!


 
 Yesterday Elizabeth was 97 and today on my visit, we had our own little Birthday Celebration.  She is such a blessing to me, and I told her today she's a ray of sunshine in my life.

 
I love "Skillet" dinners.  Browned a small pork roast and after it cooked for about half hour, added red potatoes and cabbage, a little broth and cook on low till the vegetables were done.  It was so good.  Tomorrow we'll finish it off with pulled pork BBQ Sandwiches with coleslaw.

 
I love my little Christmas Kitchen Helper.  She's got her rolling pin and ready to make pies.

I ended up with so much Persimmon Pulp, today I made muffins with a little drizzle glaze.  Plan on freezing these for Christmas.

Did you have a busy day?

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing your posts about Elizabeth! And happy birthday to her! She's looking great!

    ....and so are those muffins! Yum. Yum. I'm adding persimmons to my grocery list. I hope I can find them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to Elizabeth. She looks younger than "her age". You are such a good friend and such a good cook too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skillet meal looks delicious, love cabbage and pork, to say nothing of the red potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Yesterday was really busy. Lots of piddly errands and then shopping for some new athletic shoes. What a process. got some that will give me good support and then ended the day with my finger getting in the way while Dave pushed the button to roll up the window. Oh my, did that hurt. All I could do was yell owwwww louder and louder before he realized what was happening. I am so thankful it didn't crush my fingernail or joint. Broke the skin and it sure bled. Think it will be sore for a while and black and blue too. We both we kinda shook up. All is okay today. Ended the evening by watching Sound of Music with Carrie Underwood. That was so good. Loved every minute of it.
    Have a wonderful day. Hard to type with this bandaid on my finger tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'd be surprised how many ideas I get for dinner from our blogging ! Elizabeth is looking so much better than when you first met her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Chris above. Elizabeth is looking fabulous! I do believe I see a very cheerful heart who is blessed greatly by her friend, Wanda.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)