Wednesday, December 18, 2013

BITS OF CHRISTMAS JOY

 
What brings you joy?  This week has been filled with "bits of joy"  ~ small things that cause the heart to be happy and feel the Christmas joy.
Taking a few minutes from the busy schedule of Christmas to have a piece of persimmon bread, cheese and hot coffee while enjoying a court room drama...Will she get the 24 million?  Wasn't she just the housekeeper?  What will come out about her family's past in the trial?
 

 
Our neighbor dropped by with some bits of joy.  He knows I collect Nativity Scenes, so he brought me this one that is part of a Scroll.  Lovely!  Thanks Bret.

 
Today a box arrived from dear friends up north that are more like family.  Karen has kept me in Christmas aprons and this is my new one.  Isn't it just darling, and the cup I'm holding says "Friends are SNOW special"  ~ One for me and one for Pastor Don.   Bits of Joy at Christmas.

But, I am aware this is also a time of stress, hurts, illness and so many other things that don't bring joy.  Last Sunday my dearest was able to fill in an preach at our church.  His message was titled JOY, JOY, JOY.  The essence of the message, was our JOY is in the Lord not our circumstances.  No one likes difficult, painful situations...we don't deny our reality, but our joy is in the relationship we share with the Lord.   We take heart because we realize that our Savior "for the joy that was set before Him endured the Cross..."  He felt the pain, the rejection, the ridicule, but He looked beyond that to the Joy that awaited.  He gives us that strength too.   So my prayer for all of us, is to find bits of Joy this Christmas.  The Joy of the Lord is our Strength.

18 comments:

  1. What a great neighbor! I think that being your neighbor would bring me joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might bring you a little persimmon bread too, Bob. I would like being your neighbor.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm hoping to share some bits with others, since I'm so blessed to get mine.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful little gifts...and a reminder that true happiness isn't from things at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth...I've heard happiness is what happens to you, joy is how your handle it.

      Delete
  4. I've been struggling with joy, especially this week when the advent candle is the candle of joy. But you and another blog I read this morning have really inspired me. It's true that my joy doesn't depend on how many cookies I bake or if my house is in pristine condition before the big day. My joy is in the LORD. Thank you for this reminder.

    I love your apron. What a great friend you have to keep you supplied. And the scroll is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been on the phone with two friends that are going through some really hard times this Christmas.. If we can just focus on the Author and Finisher of our Faith...The Alpha and Omega...Our JOY is in knowing HIM. Love you Kathy...Will say a prayer.

      Delete
  5. Great apron, haven't read that Grisham yet, but it's on my list. We're very lucky for there is much Joy and happiness in our home. I feel so sorry for those who struggle at any time, but particularly this time of year. I pray that they'll find some joy in the small things that make up a life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a page turner. But for the fist time, I figured out the ending pretty close...Yeah I'm getting better at these mysteries.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Isn't it special. It's so beautiful. I love the scroll effect.

      Delete
  7. I love that, bits of Christmas joy. I think that is what Life is made from...bits of Joy.
    Love that Scroll Nativity scene. How special.
    Darling apron too and friends are Snow special..(:0)
    Love you.
    Running in circles today. Tomorrow we are at Church all day prepping and serving the Volunteers for the 2nd of 13 Christmas Eve services at Church. Lots of hard work but lots of fun too. I will remember the "bits of Joy" when my feet start saying enough already...(:0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear dear Sue...Think of you often. Know how busy in the Lord's work you two elves are. God is going to bless you real good for your servant hearts. Yep... I think the key is bits of JOY!!~

      Delete
  8. You're so right to take the time to enjoy bits of joy at this time of year. Glad that you are finding some in your life right now. I like the apron you received!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apron so new.... I didn't want to get it dirty, so I hung it up in the kitchen in a prominent spot for all to enjoy that come in the kitchen.

      Delete
  9. Wanda, very best wishes to you and your family over this Christmas period and blessings for a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, what a nice surprise. I have truly missed Creative Tuesdays and seeing your darling entries. Merry Christmas to your and yours too.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)