Friday, November 29, 2013

HOW SWEET IT IS!

The dinner was delicious, and gone before I thought to grab my camera and get a picture of the bountiful buffet!  Then fresh coffee, Apple, Pumpkin and Pecan pie with lots of REAL whipped cream, and an assortment of other goodies.

 
Confetti Cup Cakes, and Reese Peanut Butter cup cakes.  I saved the plastic container I get apples in from Costco, and it worked perfect for transporting the cupcakes in the car to our sons.  There is no picture of the four layer Chocolate Torte with Mousse filling as I didn't have any way to transport it in the car.  Afraid to put it in the trunk...and Molly rides in the back seat so that was a little scary.  So the decision was made to postpone it till Christmas Dinner which is at my daughters home that lives close to us.
 
Slept in this morning, then had leftover ham with eggs over easy, toast and jam and fresh strawberries.   My idea was to have apple pie for breakfast but my dearest preferred  a little more healthy breakfast, so I waited a couple of hours, and NOW I'm having a slice of apple pie with whipped cream and a hot cuppa coffee.   I better wait a couple more hours before I dig into the pecan pie.  Oh my is there anything better than staying home on Black Friday, and enjoying all the leftovers.
 
Rain was in the forecast for Thanksgiving Day... Didn't happen ~ Sunshine, and then sometime in the night the rain came...How nice that the Lord held it back a day.  We need the rain, and today is a perfect day for rain.
 
What are you doing today?
 

10 comments:

  1. We're nibbling on some turkey and stuffing. Yumm-O.
    Had 2 wonderful phone calls from friends we haven't talked to for a while.
    Its a good stay inside our cozy house day. No rain here. We rally need some too.
    Snicker was over for Thanksgiving too. The way she sniffed the house and yard I think she smelled Molly in the nooks and crannies.
    Love you guys
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someday, maybe Snicker and Molly can meet! That would be interesting. We had leftovers tonight and the flavors were just as good as yesterday.
      We got a call from Kaleb..that was special.

      Delete
  2. We had three Thanksgiving Dinners this year! One at the church, one at our son's in-laws and then we went out for dinner on the actual day. Suffered last night! I saved the dessert to take home for the evening (we like to eat any large dinner at a late lunch time). But this dessert was just too rich. At least I don't have any tempting leftovers! Our other son is planning to come down at Christmas, so I'll be doing the turkey and all the trimmings, then. We had such a good rain last night. The creek looks wonderful now and the ducks are thoroughly enjoying themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three dinners, how nice. I have to admit I had apple pie this morning, and pecan this afternoon....but that's it!!!

      We had rain today...much needed and a good day to stay in.

      Delete
  3. sounds wonderful! I was just saying to my daughter Kelly I would like to make a pecan pie, I have been looking for recipe,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have trouble with mine. The flavor is great, but it won't set up as firm as I'd like. The recipe is on the back of the dark karo syrup.

      Delete
  4. I baked a pecan pie this afternoon. It was delicious. Your desserts look absolutely perfect!! Bet your dinner was a feast. Ours was delicious and weather was also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksgiving is always such a feast... I just wish everyone could be so fortunate.
      The rain today has been great. Stayed inside and reading a mystery novel.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous desserts! Oh my! Everything looks wonderful! I'm sure everyone enjoyed a few selections each! :) We finished off the pecan pie today. So sad. ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The desserts were so good, but I was disappointed I had to postpone the Torte. Now I'm looking forward to Christmas. But then I guess you can tell....I've already changed my header and wallpaper.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)