Friday, November 15, 2013

BUSY, BUSY BEE TODAY!

Today I was motivated by our blog friend Betsy, as she turned a spare bedroom into her "Studio".  As I looked at all her ribbon, pens, paints so neatly arranged, I was inspired to do something with my limited "craft drawer" which I've been stuffing things into, and then pulling everything out to find something.  Well today my craft drawer is neat and tidy and now I can find my bags and ribbon.
 
The little blue and white crock on the left was given to me by a friend a couple weeks ago, and is perfect for the raw sugar I'm using for coffee or tea.
 
The "fruit plate with plaid border" was at the thrift store this morning.  When I saw it I smiled and said I need to take that home.  Which I did for a dollar!

 
The other HUGE job I needed to do was organize my original watercolor cards.  At one time I had them all neatly placed in plastic pockets and kept in a large binder.  After time, of taking them out to make prints and not putting them back.....I ended up with a big box of loose cards.  So this afternoon when I finished my "craft drawer" I organized all my original cards by categories, placing them in the plastic pockets and filing them in the large binder.  Feels so good to have that done.  And now if I want to make a print...I won't have to look so hard.  I was amazed that I have over 100 cards since I started painting cards in 2003.

What was on your schedule today?

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE my cards. =D The one thing about ever MOVING that I look forward to is the brief period of being organized. ;) blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should pretend I'm MOVING..haha.
      Glad you are enjoying your cards. After seeing all the Christmas ones, think I'll use one of my old ones this year...Which one??

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented. I love your cards. It is so nice to be organized.... A feeling I dont get very often, lol....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lady Jane. My cards have been a personal pleasure for me.

      Delete
  4. Oh Wanda, you put me to shame. I need to be better organized. I tend to stuff and shove! Then I can't find what I want.
    Love your fruit plate and neat drawer.
    Fighting a cold today... something I sure don't need this time of year. Having 14 here next Thursday for dinner (potluck). Small Group last get together until Jan. Praying for health. Love you and miss you bunches.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue you are the Hostess of Hostesses! Always charming...always delicious food, always your sweet servant heart. I adore you!

      Delete
  5. Evening Wanda and it is so nice to see you are still here :) That is a pretty plate with a good price tag you manage to snatch up. Do you remember that one water color card you had sent me long time ago with the rob drape over the cross? I still have that card to this day.

    Speaking of cleaning, last night I couldn't find the meat thermometer for the turkey that I had baked up last night and with frustrations out came the drawer and dumped everything into a box. And now the drawer is nice and clean and organize once again. Never did find the meat thermometer tho. ha.

    By the way I been back to blogging since last Sunday it is called The California Rambling Rose. Every Sunday I be offering free coloring pages of my own art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosy, Rosy...I've missed you and just recently asking if you were still blogging. Funny, several blogs I read today, people are organizing something. How did the turkey turn out? I'll be over to see your new blog. How nice to hear from you.

      Delete
  6. Your cards are lovely and I know it feels good to have them organized. I love your Thanksgiving header picture, also.
    I've been organizing kitchen cabinets this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I thought it time to put up the Harvest watercolor. I have to organize my spices often.

      Delete
  7. My schedule for yesterday (Saturday) was going to a college football game, lol, what else. Today is my cleaning day. If I showed you my 'craft' drawer it would be duct tape, dead batteries, a lighter, assorted screws and a few pot holders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim, you crack me up. Your "craft" drawer would look like my husbands, with a few more cords, plugs, connectors that will never be used, but never thrown away..heaven forbid!! HaHa

      Delete
    2. Jim is cracking me up, too! At least he cooks, I gather, since he has pot holders. :)

      Delete
  8. yay for you! There is just something wonderful about organizing and cleaning out...even if it's just one drawer. i do that sometimes when I'm hanging on the phone. ha.
    Love the crock and plate, too! How fun that the plate jumped in your cart yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes just one thing can make a big difference. Yesterday, I re-organized my spices, by "Baking spices" and "Cooking spices. (The cooking sure outnumbered the baking on my shelf. I was surprised how many garlic salt, garlic sea salt, minced garlic, and the funny thing is I usually use "fresh" garlic. HaHa

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)