Saturday, October 26, 2013

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY


As I came to the check out counter on vacation, the girl checking my groceries wore the name tag "JOY".  I said "Your name is my life motto".  She looked a little puzzled and I continued, "I choose Joy".  The girl bagging the groceries popped up "What about a BAD day?"  Good question.  On bad days, it's harder, but I CHOOSE JOY.  They both concluded that was cool, and I did look happy!

Nehemiah tells us "The Joy of the Lord is our Strength..." (Neh. 8:10)  There are many things in life we cannot choose.  Our circumstances, the weather, health issues, family members, but we do have the choice of how we handle the things we have no control over.  It can make all the difference in the way we live our lives.  I have a little pillow with the word JOY on it in my hutch where I can see it every day. 

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2009.  Cancer is a scary word, and I have a huge family history of cancer.  Fortunately mind was caught very early and I suffered very little pain.  I chose JOY.  But in 2011 I had my gall bladder attacks and they were excruciating painful.  It was so much harder to choose JOY~~~ but I KNOW who holds my heart and I know my name is engraved on the palms of His Hands, and I KNOW He's promised His Grace is sufficient for any thing I will go though, so I choose to pitch my tent in the JOY camp.  I choose to live there.  And guess what, it's my choice and no one can take that away from me.  You can steal a lot of things from me, but you can't steal my JOY.

Do you have a life verse or motto?

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I completely agree. It IS a choice! And it looks so good on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the painting of the autumn leaves in your header. They kind of say "joy" as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too-I choose JOY.......Jesus first.......Others second.....Yourself last.......Spells Joy and gives You JOY.That's not to say it's easy though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the song we used to sing in Sunday School...I have the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart..
    Where?
    down in my heart
    Where?
    down in my heart
    down in my heart to stay.
    Sometimes its hard to remember that it is there but like you said,
    It is a choice.
    Today I choose JOY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are such an inspiration, you truly are,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, you are an inspiration.
    Have a pleasant night.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)