Saturday, October 12, 2013

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY ~ "Love Letters"


 
 
Did you ever get a love letter?  Or send one?  My parents met and for the next year wrote letters back and forth.  What started out rather formal, over the months became beautiful love letters.  Sharing hopes and dreams and getting to really know one another.  We had heard stories of these letters, but never had seen them.  While going through Mother's things after her passing, my sister and I found the love letters.  Like in a novel, tied with a ribbon.  We read them and laughed and cried and sighed with awe at how the love bloomed in those letters.  Several month after those letters, they were engaged and married.
 
We all long to be loved, and wish we had someone to write us love letters.  Well we do.  I've mentioned how much I love my Maranatha Worship Bible and the prayers, quotes and songs that fill the margins.  There are also "Love Letters from Jesus"  called "My Beloved" all taken from Scripture.
 
Today for my "Thoughts for Sunday" I want to share one of my favorites.  Just add your own name as you read it.
 
Dear Wanda, Delight yourself in Me and I will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to Me, trust Me and I will do this.  I will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.  Wanda, all who see you will acknowledge that you are My very own child whom I have blessed.
 
For I am your Heavenly Father, Wanda.  Your Father of compassion and the God of all comfort.  I will turn your mourning into gladness; I will give you comfort and joy instead of sorrow.  I will comfort you, Wanda in all your troubles, so that you can comfort those who are in trouble with the comfort you have received from Me.
 
I will also heal your broken heart Wanda, and bind up your wounds.  I will bestow on you a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.
 
Wanda, all this I will do because I delight to be gracious to you, my child.  So commit your ways to Me for I love you dearly.  Signed with love, Jesus.
 
When I read these "Love Letters from Jesus" I am encouraged and feel my love for the Lover of my Soul grow.
 
Praying you are blessed by this love letter today.
 
Image of Love Letter from googleimages.com
 
 


5 comments:

  1. What a precious gift, to have the love your parents had for each other all tied up in a ribbon! Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so grateful that we have our own love letters from the Lord.
    The letters from your folks tell of a true love story. How precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing both about your parents and about the Lord. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no more wonderful love that His for His children. And, you are so right... we all desire that kind of love and love letters.

    My Mom has a stack of letters from Dad all wrapped in a ribbon... I know it was a special time for you and your sister to read through your parents' letters.

    Thank you for this beautiful post, Wanda. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your love letter from Father God blessed me this evening. I love your artwork in the header!!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)