Sunday, October 13, 2013

DECORATIONS OUT ~ FEELS LIKE FALL

 
Pulled some decorations out of the garage and put up a few things this afternoon.  Now it feels like Fall.  Last year when we were in Boise, ID I found the wood carved Pilgrims.  I just love them, and have wanted something to add to my Thanksgiving Blocks.  (The wooden candle holders I got at a Yard Sale for $1.50.  Love the looks of it with the Fall decorations. Because you can just plug it in, I don't have to worry about fire.)
 
I added a ring of orange beads to the bottom of the home of Freddie the Fish, along with a few of my pumpkins and candy dishes on the coffee table and my miniature pumpkins to the end table.  (I just noticed Molly in the background watching what I'm doing.)
 
I was very disappointed when I went to the store and not one bag of "Corn Candy".  Everything was pre-wrapped candies in big bags.  I will hunt until I find some, 'cause you can't have Fall without Corn Candy!! (Just ask Betsy) 

 
I've never decorated the top of the refrigerator for Fall, but this year decided that would be a good place for the Sunflowers and a few of my favorite Pumpkins.  After I took the picture, I see my October calendar is crooked.  I'll take care of that!! HaHa
 
I always hang my Pumpkin Pie Watercolor in the Kitchen each Fall and put it away till the next year.  Likewise, my Pumpkin Soup Tureen comes out once a year too.
 
I didn't do as much this year, but it certainly gives me the feeling of Fall.  Now all I need is the smell of Pumpkin Bread baking in the oven.
 
Have you done any Fall Decorating?


13 comments:

  1. I think you can find Candy Corns at Walmart, Brach Candy Corns, the kind Betsy likes. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walmart is further away, think Target would have it? Now I'm craving it, since I couldn't get any.

      Delete
  2. That's right! Look at Walmart. I got mine at Kroger.
    I did my hall table on Sept 21st and just today added a few Halloween things to it. I need to buy some pumpkins...maybe just little ones for the table centerpiece.

    I love your arrangement on top of your refrigerator! And the carved pilgrims are very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the way the refrigerator top looked too. Don't know why I never did it before. First thing I see when I walk in the kitchen. Checking Target for candy corn today.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, I just was looking through some old posts and found a comment you had left. I see you are still going strong. I'll have to come back for another visit sooner next time......I just saw candy corn at our local dollar general. When I saw it, I thought of my grandmas old candy dish on the living room table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jim...long time no see. How is Texas?? I've added you to my favorites and look forward to renewing our friendship and sharing pictures.

      Delete
  4. I do a very minimal change of decor for Fall. I have a basket of pomagranetes on the kitchen table and my cornucopia on the diningroom table.
    Who knows, I may find some candy corn and really go all out...(:0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa, Sue you crack me up ~~ I say go all out and get that candy corn! Maybe even two candy dishes....Love you.

      Delete
  5. Well, actually I threw away most of my fall decor since they were worn out! Still have a lighted jack o lantern and wreath though. Yours really make me want to decorate more until I have to find a place to put them away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really don't have anything other than a tablecloth and a garland of autumn leaves. Your decorations are beautiful and so warm looking. I especially like the top of your fridge with those sunflowers and your watercolor on the wall. I thought about getting a pumpkin to my front porch for e kids, but just haven't followed through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanda, I'm sorry. My iPad would not allow me to edit that comment. It should read for the kids.

      Delete
  7. These are lovely decors! I wish we had four seasons too and experience autumn especially when the colors of some leaves change. I'd love to witness that :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)