Tuesday, October 15, 2013

ABC WEDNESDAY ~ LETTER "N"



Last summer when I was visiting my brother his wife Becky gave me a CD of Noah Stewart.  I had never heard of him but immediately fell in love with his rich opera voice.  Since then I see there are numerous videos of his work on line.


Noah was raised in Harlem by his mother, Patricia, a single parent from New Orleans whose strong values and work ethic she installed in her son.  His mother's self-sacrifice and strong belief in the value of education led to Noah being enrolled in the world-famous LaGuardia High School where he developed his strong musical potential, singing solo with the school choir and back-up with prominent acts such as Hootie and the Blowfish and Coolio.  His mentor, the great soprano Leontyne Price, encouraged him to attend The Julliard School, where he was awarded a full scholarship.  The rest is History.

To see all the other participants in Mrs Nesbitt's wonderful meme just click on the ABC Badge on my sidebar.

13 comments:

  1. I have not heard of him before either but oh my how rich and beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to me, but very beautiful voice and I will surely be watching for videos and recordings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NEW to me too. NICE sharing.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. NEW to me but wonderful!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspiring story and such a lovely voice and God given talent. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of him, either but it sounds like he has a wonderful voice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wanda, this is fabulous. Thank you for sharing.
    Noah Stewart's voice reminds me of the late, great Paul Robeson, with an operatic refinement added by Leontyne Price as well as the Juilliard School. I always loved Paul Robeson, and now I am a new fan of Noah Stewart also.
    K
    And I agree about your autumn watercolor. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for telling me about this guy, he is a big talent and new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a voice!! A great opera voice. You are right to be enthousiastic! Thank you for the video.
    Wil, ABCW Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds very good.
    Never knew him earlier though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Wanda! What a voice! I didn't know him either, so you have truly increased his fan base. Yes, I too was reminded of Paul Robeson. Glad Kay pointed that out as I was trying to think of whom he reminded me.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)