Saturday, September 28, 2013

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY

I HAD A "EVE" MOMENT
 
 
Often times when reading the account of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, I have to admit I've  thought how weak Eve was, and perhaps I would not have given in so readily.  But the reality is, I give in many times to temptation, and afterwards can't believe I was so weak. 
 
Well I did have an "Eve Moment" while we were visiting our friends Sue and Dave on our trip.  They are such gracious hosts and we enjoy their friendship and home.  They have a wonderful back yard with fruit trees, and as I was taking a walk through the trees, noticed the "fruit".  Just like Eve, it was beautiful to the eye, and looked so fresh and sweet, I reached out and picked the Pear/Apple. From the hand to the mouth, as the sweet juice tickled my taste buds.  It was an "Eve Moment" as it happened so fast, and I could not take back what I had just done.  Have you ever had an "Eve Moment"?
 
 
But the next encounter I had was one that is very familiar to my heart.  A favorite verse of mine from Song of Songs 7:12 is where I want to live.  "Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the vines have budded, if their blossoms have opened, and if the pomegranates are in bloom ~ there I will give you my love."
 
Dear Jesus, Lover of my soul ~ I will rise early to meet You.  I will spend time alone with You, whispering the secrets of my heart.  I will wait for Your assurance and celebrate Your presence in the vineyard of Your love where I will be satisfied.  You are the Vine, I am the branch.  Abiding in You, I receive all that I require to live as Your child in this world.  So I will rush to Your vineyard in the early hours, where I know I will find You waiting to receive Your generous Love.  I love You.  Amen.

8 comments:

  1. such a beautiful post, such an inspiration, thank you so much for this Wanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. We are at Tahoe now and get internet. So wanted to say I can visit some of my blog friends now. I love how we can turn an experience into a little devotional.

      Delete
  2. Wanda, that is so beautiful. Your prayer reminds me of that old song, In the Garden. Thanks for sharing your Eve moment. His love is overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nonnie, I can't tell you how many times I have sung In the Garden during my personal devotional time. I love every verse. It truly speaks to me.

      Delete
  3. I definitely have had those "Eve Moments".
    I am so flawed but I am so thankful that my Lord is not.
    This morning the garden is being buffeted by wind.
    The still small voice is there but I really have to make an effort to listen to it.
    I actually think that is a good thing. The Lord says "search for Me and you will find Me".
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Sue ~ You are so on target. We must recognized we are flawed, but redeemed. That small voice is the hardest to hear. We are a work in progress. Yes?

      Delete
  4. well, my first flaw was to be jealous of that pomegranate tree! :) I've never seen them growing like that.

    thanks for the devotional this morning...what a great lesson. So thankful we can be forgiven, learn from our sin, and grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy, that's one of the blessing of CA. The pomegranate trees are plentiful. One of the little ladies I visited gave me a jar of her pomegranate jelly. I haven't opened it yet. Isn't "forgiven" the best word ever?

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)