Tuesday, September 3, 2013

ABC WEDNESDAY ~ LETTER "H"


The letter "H" is for HURT little sparrow.  When I go into the back yard, the birds all fly off from the feeders.  This day, they all flew away, but this one.  As I got closer, I realized he was HURT.  He had a large abscess on his face and one wing looked damaged.   He let me get closed enough to pick him up and didn't fight me.  I have him some water, and put him back in the feeder.  The next day, he tried to fly, and made it to the top of the cover over the BBQ.


He stayed on that cover most of the day.  I would check in on him from time to time.  Then later that afternoon, he made the flight to the top of the fence.   I was cheering him on, saying "You can do it little bird, fly HOME to mommy".
 
 
He stayed on the fence all night...and the next morning, I saw him flutter those wings, and lifted himself off the fence and flew into a nearby tree in the neighbors yard.  I never saw him again, but will always remember what a little trooper he was, and HOPE he found his bird family.

Everyone experiences HURTS,  and the best thing we can do, is push through the HURT, and never give up HOPE.  Maybe we need just a little encouragement like I gave the little bird to FLY AWAY!

To see all the other participants in ABC Wednesday and letter "H" just click on the ABC Badge on my sidebar.

15 comments:

  1. Great post and I hope he found his family. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never give up Hope...that's my mantra too.
    Sweet story of the little sparrow, Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely story, Wanda! Mine is also about hurt and hope and healing.
    Have a great week.
    Wil, ABCW Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your little sparrow recovered, Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your little bird seems to be HEALING!
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice little story, I am sure it has Happy ending! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Wanda, Sometimes they can get infection from bird feeders. At least he was getting stronger day by bday so fingers crossed he made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so concerned for this little fellow while reading! Glad to hear how you helped him heal enough to get home to his tree...Huzzah for the sparrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is heart-wrenching! I sure Hope He found his family!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw...how sweet. hopefully he recovered completely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet post and I believe your kindness helped him recover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. He found a little bit of love in an unexpected place when you blessed his little sparrow heart. You know, His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, poor little guy. I love what Martha said just before me... I hope he made it, too, Wanda. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, sweet little one! Your yard was a little respite for him to gain some strength! Love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet story. And very true words that sometimes all we need is a bit of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)